Chapter 7

A week after Las Vegas, a Pandemic hit the world. Everything was halted, classes in school were suspended indefinitely, and Kyle's acting career isn't clear now. Everyone was forced to wear masks and be quarantined in their own houses. And because Charlotte's mom is a nurse, she has to be extra careful not to contaminate anyone so they decided that it would be best if Charlotte and his older brother would be living in Kyle's house for the meantime. However, his older brother doesn't want to leave his bedroom so it was just Charlotte who was now living under Kyle's family. Since Kyle's house only has two bedrooms, one for Kyle's and one for his parents. She has to share a bedroom with Kyle, and even so, that's going to happen, Kyle's parents bought another single bed for Charlotte to sleep in comfortably.

"Charlotte honey, if you need anything else. Just don't be shy to talk to us ok?" Auntie Grace said while fixing her clothes in the closet Kyle provided for her. He has to take out as many clothes as he can so Charlotte can put her clothes in them. Kyle is also there helping her fix her things.

Kyle and Charlotte had a sleepover before, which isn't new to them. From the moment they first met, they had already had multiple sleepovers, especially during summer and winter vacations if Kyle was at home. They would put up a tent and watch movies until they couldn't take it anymore. And they would tell many stories about their individual lives, and what they aspire to in the future. They would also play as a family often, Kyle is the husband, and Charlotte is the woman of the house. Charlotte would bring her dolls and it would be their children, and they would laugh as much as they could.

"And Kyle honey, please be careful with that." She told Kyle who was carrying Charlotte's camera.

"You two, after you are done please go to the dining room. I am preparing you some snacks," she added and the two nodded quietly, Charlotte then thanked her

"Thank you Auntie Grace for letting me stay with you."

Kyle's mom gave her a motherly sympathetic smile and said "If it's you Charlotte, you are welcome in our home anytime you can. I'll be glad to have a daughter like you." after she said that she once again smiled at her and bid her leave.

"This sucks, we can't travel and go outside, what about our plans Charlotte? What about Wizarding World and Prince Edward Island?" Kyle said while looking at Charlotte's camera and sulking his way out.

"Kyle, I know it's frustrating. But we can't do anything. Think of it this way, this is just temporary, and someday our plans will be in the future. There's always going to be next time. I am still alive, you are still alive. So we will just continue it 2-3 years later." I told Kyle and somehow he can now look at the bright side.

Except for his acting career which has been on pause. Yesterday he went on an Online meeting with his agents; Helen, Janet, and Amelia. It was explained that the acting industry was already fixing everything, but they couldn't tell Kyle when he'll next project was going to be.

When Charlotte finished fixing her clothes, she sat next to Kyle who was sitting on her bed and still looking at her camera. Her camera is a Fujifilm X100V, it's a perfect camera for a pre-teen kid like Charlotte. It's not too big for her, and she can easily carry it whenever she can. Her parents bought it for her last Christmas as a Christmas gift. Just like her father, who likes photography. Charlotte is also fond of photography, however, in her case, she mostly takes pictures of scenery and things rather than people.

"Why didn't you bring this when we were in Vegas?" Kyle asked her and Charlotte just told him that she knew they would be very busy and that bringing a camera isn't essential. And Kyle just frowned at her and he couldn't understand what she was thinking.

"You know what Kyle, you have to find a new hobby so you won't be able to touch my camera," she told him while she took the camera in his hand and then put it on her bedside table, which is only next to Kyle's other side.