Chapter 29

Today is February, Valentine's day to be exact. The school is well decorated with anything that includes hearts and love. Though before when we were in grade school, it was not yet felt. But now that we are in Middle school, it's a whole lot different. Everyone seemed to carry flowers, teddy bears, chocolates and other gifts given to them by their admirers. From the past years, Kyle has been giving me flowers and a handwritten letter even though we are only best friends. He said that even so, it's a day where people celebrate their love for the people special to them

And for him, i am special

Before we went to school he gave me a bouquet of Tulips that's wrapped in a periwinkle ribbon and white wrapper. It's the most perfect bouquet I have ever seen in my life!

"Aww...Thank you Kyle! It's so beautiful!"

"Oh! Before I forgot! Here is my annual handwritten letter!" He said and gave it to me, I then instantly read it's contents

Dear Charlotte,

To my best friend and my soulmate in the whole wide world, Happy Valentine's day! It's our 6th year celebrating this day and up until now i still look forward to it like it's my birthday or your birthday. Now I know I may not be the most wordy person you've ever met, however I know that you know that my love for you is eternal. You are the light of my life day or night, my dearest Charlotte.

P.s

I hope you stick with me like we are chop sticks, one doesn't have any use when one is missing hahaha

Sincerely yours and will always with you slaying the world,

Kyle

I then gave him a touching expression "Aww Thank you Kyle! And yeah I'll be the other stick, then together we are called chopsticks! Hahaha" he then laughed with me

"Okay! Camera is ready! Say slay you two!" Uncle Grant said, holding his phone and taking a picture of us. Me holding the bouquet of tulips in my arms and my other is with Kyle's waist, while Kyle is holding my waist. We smiled widely and made funny faces for keepsake.

I left the flowers and the handwritten letter at home, so i won't bring much things. But I was wrong, when we both arrived at our chairs in our classrooms it was filled with gifts and most of them were roses! And when I say OUR CHAIRS I really do mean even Kyle.

"Oh! Ho! You guys have a lot of things going on!" Abby said while she was holding a bouquet of roses in her arm and passing by us.

"You have no idea" I said as Kyle and I found a way of how we would be able to sit on our chairs.

"Do you guys know who gave these?" Kyle asked a classmate who was sitting just across us

"For you, it's a bunch of girls in different classes and for Charlotte the same but boys. And some came from us." After knowing it, we both just nodded and smiled nervously because we were both surprised.

We then had to put the gifts on the floor on our side so we could use our table, but we arranged it in a careful manner and in a still presentable way. Some things that have paper bags on them, we put inside them. After we did that, a classmate of ours then came running in our direction.

He was panting really hard

"Woah! Gabe! What happened?!" Abby asked as our class president

"It's ahm! It's Kyle and Charlotte's locker!" right after he said that we then hurriedly went there. Me and Kyle don't really use our lockers, just because we are afraid that our things would get missing. Thankfully we didn't because...