Chapter 27

Today is the day everyone was waiting for. It's our Holiday party. But before we went on this day, we finished our Finals exams for our different subjects first. Me, Kyle, Abby, Addi, Riley and the members of Epicenter all went to Luke's house to study together. Even though my members and I were in different classrooms, we are all still in the same grade level. Andrew being the eldest and Riley being the youngest. We all divided the subjects of where we are strongest, so if somebody couldn't understand something we could teach him or her. Kyle, Andrew, Abby, and Caleb on Math and Science. Luke, Addi, Riley, Abby, and Bella on French, English and Social studies. As for me, I am the one who became their counselor if it's correct or wrong. Since before, Abby, Riley, Addi and I were classmates for a long time. And even before, I was also their tutor when we all studied together.

While we were at Luke's house every weekend, on the week before our exams. Me and Kyle already met his parents and I could sense that they were nice people, but the only one I didn't understand was when they kept pushing Luke over me. They often said that if I hadn't married by the age of 30, I could marry Luke. Of course, Kyle didn't like it. And he countered that I was already tied into him.

"You guys are still young, no one can be tied down at that age" His dad said while we ate quietly at the dining table. Our friends and the members of Epicenter felt the tension building up, but they chose to be silent. Understandable, we are still kids. But what I really admire about Kyle is that he was calm the whole time and he didn't feel threatened.

Because he knew

We both knew

He just didn't like how Luke's parents became pushovers, that they believe that all the things they say were right.

I held Kyle's hand on the table for him to feel that I will always be part of his life. That we won't lose each other along the road. We might fight and have our differences, but it won't cut down our string. We already went on so many things already, and even someone who's shallow won't be able to keep us apart.

We are stronger

And some adults are just weaker

We both smiled at each other and that gesture and connection is worth more than useless words they threw at us. They all witnessed it, our friends. They smiled because by the end of the day, we were the ones who's smiling. We were victors.

For almost a month of Luke teaching me and Kyle how to play the guitar, hard work and dedication paid both of us. We could now play a 3 minute song, but the easy ones first. I really admire Luke's patience, because it's really long and calm. I could really sense that he loves what he does. I even suggested that he build his own music academy in the future. He agreed to it, but he also would like to build his own recording label. So that young artists like us could have a clear path.

One day before our Holiday party, Mr. Kaito announced who will be our judges, 3 of them are his music industry friends and world renowned singers and producers, and one of them is Levi. When I heard that Levi is coming my jaw dropped. "He did not..." I said to myself

"But Mr. Kaito, wouldn't it be unfair for us? Because Levi is Charlotte's mentor?" a member from Fire Ferrets disagreeing with the idea with Levi as a judge.

"I trust Levi that he is fair and square. And did I tell you that if any of you sparkled in the eyes of one of our judges, won or not. You could have a chance to sign to their own record labels?" Mr. Kaito said right there and then everyone was surprised and they felt like they won already. Some even went to tears, because their dream is one step closer.

"How did this happened, Mr. Kaito?" Andrew asked still in awe

Our music teacher smiled at him and everyone else "Oh! I just have my ways and I have seen your dedication and passion for this. Though I am just quietly at my table all the time and on my laptop, most of the time you didn't approached me to learn anything. You taught yourself independently. So I thought that it's time for you guys to shine on stage, for real. You guys earned it. Now this is my challenge for you, There are four judges over all and you guys are four bands in my class. It's up to you if you'll think of each other as enemies or...an ally." He said that left a strong impression on all of us.