Chapter 18

"Can we take a break? I am exhausted." Kyle said while reading his reviewers for our exam tomorrow. It's been 2 weeks since we've halted our filming due to health regulations as well as our education priorities set by the law.

Him and I had been studying and reviewing with our tutor for the past days. And I got to say, Kyle does have a notch for Math and Science he just needs a push. When our tutor isn't with us, we are the ones who study together. I do miss my old classmates and my teachers. But having this kind of life where I could really do what I like is a privilege I won't refuse.

"Alright you two, why don't you have snacks first." Auntie Grace came in holding a tray of pizza and a pitcher of orange juice.

"Yey! Thanks mom!" Kyle said and he quickly munched on pizza in his mouth. I shook my head while smiling at him.

I really must have been tired, I thought.

"Thanks, Auntie Grace." I said looking at her pouring us juices on our individual glasses and getting a pizza for myself.

"You're welcome, you two. After your exam tomorrow, why don't we see the cherry blossoms in the park and have a nice picnic." When she told us that, we then got excited and motivated to finish our exams early yet in full determination that we could get a passing score.

Our parents never really set us up with high academic achievements. What matters to them is that we get passed. And if we fail, it's alright to try again.

Getting high academic achievements just came naturally to me, and for some reason I might get a degree in Business when I go to college.

While we were on a break, my dad then came and said hi. When i went back from filming in Emerald Lake, they told me how much they missed me and the stories i was about to tell them. I might not see them often, but I am glad they still value my presence.

Even though I live just next door now, I don't see my dad often either. He is busy running off his business, I don't know what his business was but he works 6 days a week. And sometimes he just closes it off when he wants to. It's nice for him to do other stuff, it keeps him busy so he won't get lonely not seeing his family much.

"Hey how are you guys doing? Having a hard time?" He said while he take a sit

Kyle looked at me and when i smiled at him he also then smiled back and then i looked at dad to answer his question

"A bit, Uncle. But we are doing fine, we are helping each other when things get confusing."

My dad then nodded with satisfaction

"That's good, and ahm Charlotte can i talk to you for a second? Privately?" When he said that I looked at Kyle first and he said that he'll be just here waiting for me.

I stood up and followed my dad on the backyard and waited for him to talk

"I know it's been a year since you've started living with Kyle and his family. But I just want you to know that you'll always be able to come home with your family." I couldn't process yet with what he said but when everything sinks in...

They want me to come home now

"I come home now?" I asked as my eyes widen

And his mouth starts to curve into a smile and nodded at me

"Your mom and I have thought about it for awhile, but since you were already exposed outside. We think it's alright for you to come home now. It is if you want to. It's still your choice." Dad said, growing up is realizing my dad does have wisdom that comes out in his brain. Maybe I do have his personality afterall.