Chapter 34

One year later [ because it has been a WHOLE YEAR, maybe two, since I updated.

I am so sorry! But I am back now, the updates might be short, but they will be consistent!]

Yes! I'll be updating each day!

Enjoy and please let me know if it's good.

——————

"Wow, the company is larger than I imagined," Leonardo confessed as he walked into his brother's office.

He was clad in a chocolate brown flannel and some fitted jeans.

"It has," Max drew out a chair for his brother and returned to his desk. "I am so excited you agree to come with me Miami, especially after ever —"

"That's in the past now," Leo shrugged, glancing around, he could not help but feel smaller in the large building.

He had just been released from his support group home after the entire incident, and he was grateful for his sibling's support.

But they could be, overbearing at times, like now.

He was twenty years old, not some toddler that had to live under their guidance 247 or move to a whole different city to bother his hush brother.

"You have a lot of work to do," Leonardo glanced at his brother's desk, "I think I'll just —"

"Have you eaten?"

"No, I—"

"Simon!" Max called, eyes fixed on the door, soon enough, a younger man in his mid-twenties walked through the door.

"Get some breakfast for my brother, preferably something soft, okay?"

"Yes, sir." The man bowed and left.

"You did not have to do that,"

"I do want to take care of you, Leo, so just let us, please."

Leo sighed, rolling his eyes.

"I have a meeting now, so stay here," Max made eye contact with Leo "I mean it."

"Yes, Max. You can leave me in the room, I won't fall on my face, I promise,"

Max rolled his eyes and left.

Leonardo stood up and locked the door once he was gone.

The curly brown-haired man's eyes filtered through the room, the entire move to Miami had been a blur, and as much as he downplayed it.

He was so excited to experience new things and put everything behind him.

Being babied was a no-no. Having fun? Yes.

He walked over to Max's desk and registered the fact that there were various documents lined up, some official ones, and then—

Leonardo's heart stopped for a moment. His eyes widened to twice their size as he registered that he had just hit the glass of water which had been left for Max and worse, it poured all over the documents.

"Shit, shit, shit. He's going to kill me, I just know it!"

"How could I be so freaking stupid!"

"Sir, your food is— Oh my gosh what have you done?!"

Simon's voice startled Leonardo causing him to stumble back, loud voices still scared him a lot.

"I-I— It wasn't intentional, I pro—"

The man marched over to and picked up the files, eyes laced with fury. "Mr Clar worked on this file for months and you ruined it in a day! Why do you have to disrupt everything? Why can't just let him be at peace? For the past few weeks, he's been all about you and now that you are finally here, you are ruining his hard work?!"

A sob bubbled in Leonardo's throat. "No, no, I—"

"What the heck is going on here?" A voice boomed at the same time a tear rolled down Leonardo's cheek.