past pains

Leonardo slowly got up, not before looking around for any sign of any one, he hadn't been able to sleep the past night,  and had cried his way through time, every time flinching at the slightest of sounds scared that someone anyone would harm him.

He was supposed  to be strong,  he had to be, it was his motto right? But the line between strong and weak blurred before him, his mind trying its best not to accept that the events that transpired few hours ago were real.

He had promised himself he would never stop being strong  not after her, but there was karma now, and just in the same way he refused to listen to her,he was shunned as well

"Leo please" Lola pleaded holding her twin brother close "why don't  you believe me

"you killed her" Leonardo whispered absentmindedly,my eyes still eyeing the dead body of his best friend Christine.
"l-leo listen, christine called me here" she sobbed holding into him, "I-i never knew she wanted to commit suicide" she stared into Leonardo's eyes "when I got her she was already by the roof, staring down at the ground, I held unto her so she wouldn't  fall, but when you, walked in I was startled and she.. She let go" her voice turns into a whisper, her brown curly hair a mess "do you not believe me lulu?" she asked each words taunting her, she was scared scared he wouldn't believe her.
"you always hated her.."
"leo"
"always insulted her"
"Leo.."
"last time you threatened her"
"lulu" she took two steps forward.
"do you not believe me?" She asked her eyes reddened the silence feeding  her anxiousness
"no" he whispered loud enough for her to hear "you-" he began, "let it be leonardo" she said holding her hand up, I knew you wouldn't,just the same way, you could never appreciate Christine," he looked up at the mention of her name, "you've always been a self-centered,melancholic,you only care about Your goals, your life, Your girlfriend,you were obsessed with her, you are choking her, with your wants all she wanted was to be happy Leo, but you always questioned her, you killed her with your obsessivness, always asking for more and more till she had nothing left, so she left,and so will, if there's no trust, between us, if you don't believe me the cops won't either then I should leave"with that Lola fan down the stairs and he never saw her Gain the case was closed as suicide,there was no evidence that Lola did it he realised sh3 was right but it was too late the scars had already been made
That night, if he had believed her, she wouldn't  have left him.

(that was a long flash back Hehehe just wanted you to understand  his attitude)

It had been in that moment he hardened his heart, he changed him self completely, letting go of that 'melancholia and introverted' that made him lose both his twin and girlfriend, he was quiet back then he barely spoke so literally, Christine had gotten fed up with it, always struggling with making conversation, actually Christine was being abused by her step father, he blamed his ignorance on his behaviour  That was why he became the carefree reckless bratty Leonardo, but karma came back to haunt him.

"Leo?" a voice said dragging  him from his thoughts,it was Diane, she was the last person he wanted to see, she had always hid behind the shadow of their brother, the peace she had, he hated.
"go away" he whispered
"Leo please.. " she pleaded,their eyes met, she had crying, oh well who cares definitely not Leo.
"get out" he stated his voice  dangerously  low.
"get out!get out!getout!" he yelled continuously Diane flinched and left crying probably to the comfort of her brothers.

Tears flowed down his eyes, karma was a painful thing wasn't  it, his pain could never be compared to his sister's and they still spoke though, a year later they had met, he and saved her from a thief, although it wasn't  like before nothing could ever be like before, he sighed, picking up his phone he needed to call someone  but who?

He didn't  want to call his father or mother he couldn't  call Alicia he didn't  want to drag her into his problems, Lola? But would she come.it was worth a try wasn't  it, it was only Lola who knew who he was deep inside.

"lulu?" her voice echoed through the phone
"L-lola?" he croaked out
"what's wrong?" she asked
"I messed  up.. Again" the other line went dead.
.

He curled up onto a ball,it was his fault if he hadn't  decided to go to that damned party, heck everything was his fault, his parents separation, his mother career, she never continued even if his father thought otherwise, Christine's death, if he had been there for her only if!  Lola, if he had believed  her! It was all his fault it was as if the curtain  had been pulled off, the lock had been broken, everything was clear now, every single damn thing was clear, he.. He was the..problem.

He had to stop whatever he laid his hand on, whomever he came in contact with they either hated him or suffered,he wouldn't  let that happen  to Alicia,he wouldn't  make the same mistake that's why he only kept her as a friend even if she could be more, he was too selfish to let her go, but he would now

He would be the old Leonardo the one his parents loved but the world hated.

****
"lulu?"  a familiar voice said  an awfully familiar voice.
"Lola?" he croaked out.
He slowly got up, taking small steps to the door,  he slowly opened it up he was shocked to see a curly brown haired girl with green eyes did she rely come back for him? ,"you-" ..

Before he could speak he was tackled into a hug, "lulu"she whispered,her familiar scent filling his nostrils,she tied her brown curly hair into a bun after she let go.

"what  really happened?" she asked.
"didn't  max tell you?" he asked confused.
"that was Max's side of the story, you might be everything but your not a junkie, we both know"
"you're gonna listen to me even after what I did?"
"that was two hears ago lu,we were kids back then, huh? Tell me" she urged. He sighed silence swallowed him up

After a few minutes realization hit Lola. .

"were you drugged?" she asked dreading the possibilities of his next words.

Sorry guys
I gave this chapter an emotional  touch, since you guys didn't  want him to forgive them so easily, I decided  I'd feel his emotions so what do you think about his back story and Lola?
Should I allow her to become a main character?or a minor one.
And yeah. It wouldn't  be a serious emotional story no need to worry about that the story line is still in check.

I hope you loved it❤❤
If you did, don't forget to leave a vote and a comment  and also prompts! I'll write whatever you want

Don't be a ghost reader.