chapter 25

Alicia's POV:

Silence.  That was what had invaded the atmosphere, I was currently sat on the couch,  while Daniel paced about,  Mr Arthur stared at the ceiling as if silently cursing himself, Diane was no where to be found, and Mrs Anna?

I have no clue.

All. I know was that 30 minutes ago,  I had seen two literally lifeless bodies, I had arrived with the police after filling them. In on the whole situation it was class fied as self defense, I still can't get the images out of my head. one was dead the other was barely hanging  on,  the scariest  part was that I recognized  them.

Lola was dead.

Leonardo killed her.

The silence was becoming overwhelming, Everyone knew the truth now,  Mr Arthur took the liberty  of saying it.

A tear slid down my eyes, as I imagined  what Leonardo would go through when he woke up. Hopefully  he took this well.

And we could all move on from this nightmare.

**************************

Three months later

Author POV

“they are right.” Alicia  stated successfully  shocking Leonardo.

Leonardo. Opened his mouth at if to speak before closing it,  he repeated this action for a few minutes  before forcing out two words

“I'm fine”

the doctor has a different  opinion  to that”

“who cares what the doctor thinks?”

Alicia sighed. Sitting down next to him,  she ran her hands through his her and they sat like that for a few moments.

They had been going back and forth on this issue for weeks now,  Leonardo wasn't fine. He still. Couldn't  get over Lola's death,  deep down she knew he blamed himself for it and everyone wanted him to see a psychologist since he wouldn't  let them in.

“Leo-”

“stop” he snapped, “I'm not sick!,  I'm not Psycho!,  I don't have depression!, and don't care about anyone's opinion, I am fine

“saying something continuously  won't make it true!  Have you seen your self in the mirror?! You have dark circle under your eyes, you are so skinny and you barely talk anymore,  you.. You need help.” tears leaked out of her eyes

  leonardo knew,  — she was right.

   He hadn't been able to get over Lola's  death or her last words, he wanted to prove he wasn't weak, yet as always life had to be the pathetic irony, he had been having nightmares about her, and each time she echoed those words

You are weak

It was messing with his head.

“leo-”

“leave”  Alicia frowned,  before standing up and walking away,  he didn't want her to leave, he didn't want to be alone,  he was scared,  scared that reality would catch up with him,  but he had to be strong,  he had to prove that those two years made him strong,  he wasn't weak,

No way.

“Leonardo? Leonardo?” Olivia said trying to shake him out of his trance.

“is he fine?” Ariana asked

“I don't-” Olivia began

“let me go,” a low sharp voice was heard. Both girls kept quiet.

Leonardo dusted his clothes as he stood up,  and without even a glance he began to walk away.

“what just happened?” James asked genuinely confused

“Leo!” Ariana called after him, the blonde girl being the fastest one to recover from the shock.

“Leonardo!” she continued to run till she caught up with him and placed her hands on his shoulder  for support —she wasn't the sporty type.

Leonardo shifted away and she noticed it,  but kept quiet, instead she place her hands on her knees  panting.

“why'd you follow me?” he asked annoyed.

“oh wow, no hi? Hello? What's up?  Or maybe a how are you? ” she said  standing  up straight.

Leonardo rolled his eyes at her uninterested  “Look-”

“it's Lola isn't it?” she shot her arrow, Leonardo's  eyes widened in shock,  he had known her to be quite blunt,  but he never expected her to dive right into things with just four straight forward words.

There was no use denying it to her, as they both had the same level  or smartness only he was impulsive  and she was calculative

Ariana sat on the bench in the school garden. And relaxed her nerves a bit.

insomnia,” she began

“what?”

“you'll end up with insomia,  if you keep staying up all night” she said looking away.

“leave”

“no”

“this is none of your business Carson!”

“it is  Cassa! this is my business!” she raised her voice, and stood up,  tears pricking her eyes

“why do you care?!  You're  just like all of them,  you're all trying to get rid of me! Why?  Why  did you follow me out here,  why did you come here with all your predictions?! why can't you stay away?!”

“Because... ”

“because?”

“because  I know what it feels like to be able to save some one, yet  let them die” she said tears falling.

It was in that moment  their eyes connected for the first in that day,  neither of them needed  words,  just looking at each other was enough comfort.

They would get through this together