"I do care."

Leonardo's POV
I stirred a bit, still feeling sour from my 'encounter' with Daniel,  I winced making a mental note to not get on his bad side again,  well if that was possible, still the Idea of 'you know what so I'm not gonna spell it out' still seemed so strange to me,  I sighed feeling pathetic, I should have stood my ground, I mean I'm seventeen for pits sake, no seventeen year old goes through this,  at least I think so right?

I go out of bed and went through my notifications.

75messages,60notifications on my student council group,  I quickly clicked in and I wished I had'nt.

Ann:the party was lit!!!

Jazz:totally bae I was so high, and now I'm grounded can't believe Leo didn't show up:(

Han:yeah!i hope his owkay

Lymph:me too bud,guess we'll ask him 'bout it when we see him today

Jazz:definitely peace out!

I sighed as i read the last five messages, ugh!  This sucked now I had to come up with a basses reason to keep up my reputation or I could just tell them the truth no way!  I would loose my reputatiom as a basses playboy, and I'll be kicked up of the student council,even if I'm sure that's technically impossible.

My phone made a buzz sound so I checked,it was a message from Alicia,

Datbadassgirl: see you @ school, same place same time.

I dropped my phone then I realised something,  the house was awfully quiet,  I shrugged it off, max was probably in his room working on some files while Daniel was probably downstairs already having breakfast with Diane.

I put on a blank tank top with black jeans and the white school jacket which had the school logo on it.

When I got downstairs I was met with a gloomy Diane who was trying her best to look happy but was failing miserably,  I almost chuckled before regaining my composure and sensing that something was wrong dead wrong, I scanned the whole dinning and realised it.

I sighed.

Diane was sitting on the wrong sit. (hahaha)

"morning"
"morning Leo" she said sad she began to eat.
"where's Daniel?" I asked since I didn't check Max's room,  but was positive he was there

"uh..Daniel's out"

"he's out?" I asked confused,  it made no sense Daniel never went out in the morning except for his usual workout, and he was always free on Thursdays from his job.

"yeah...he went to do some grocery shopping,  we're running low on stuff"

"oh.." I said trying to play along I was positive something was wrong it wasn't Diane's wrong sitting position,  or how she creepily smiled nervously,  it wasn't about how she frequently dragged her words it was something else.

"I'm leaving!" I announced. And before she gave me a lecture on my eating habits I hurried out to my car only to be met by another dilemma.

"who are You?" I asked with attitude to the guy who was basically wearing a red  shirt on a yellow trousers, did noone teach this guy fashion sense
"oh you must be Mr leonardo"
I smiled at the creepy looking man at said and replied "and you must be Mr creepy?" I asked with a straight face.
The man stared at me confused. I sighed. "oh whatever,  get out of my way I said bringing out my Car keys "hand them over" a voice said I looked up to see Diane. "hmm?" I asked with a meaningful look.

"the keys"she replied dryly,  I rolled my eyes "why?" I asked
"because I said so,come on key" she said her palm open.

"b-but how am I supposed to get to school?" I said handing them over this isn't

"that's what Mr creepy's for, he's your new driver" she said  as she handed the keys over to the driver and began to walk away leaving me utterly confused and annoyed.

"what?!" in one swift motion she turned back flashing a forced smile,  I made a mental note to figure out what was going on when I got back.

"come-on we don't have all day!" I yelled getting into the passenger seat I wanted to argue but I was already late and let's just say detention and I just don't get along.

****

I arrived at school,  and hurried to the small garden where Alicia had been waiting "I almost thought you wouldn't make it"she smiled,  damn! she was beautiful.

"same here" I said if there was someone I never sassed it was Alicia because she always had her comebacks and it always ended up in a fight.

We walked through the school hallways and after. Few badass handshakes and lots of 'you missed out' 'thought you'd come'
And let's not forget the the "what happened's" I got to class let's just say not my favorite class, History.

I mean why do we have to dig up the past?  Dosen't make sense.

First period went dreadfully slow, to cut the story short I have a 3hour detention after school,  I knew that woman had it in for me. at the end of second period I was exhausted,  suddenly I thought popped in my head, I excused my self to the boys bathroom and looked up my social media app but then an article caught me off guard.

Breaking New: president Cassa recently suffered a heart attack.

I literally chocked on nothing as I stared at the headline in shock, I claim I don't care but in the end he's my father, how could they hide this from me it was all making sense now Max and Daniel's sudden grocery shopping Diane's nervousness,  they knew that lied to me a tear slid down my eyes as I ran to my locker grabbing my stuff and running out the halls ignoring the voices that yelled my name, I bumped into Alicia, she was shocked, but she kept shut as I grabbed her hand and we rushed  to the car.

"the keys" I said to the driver dryly
"I'm sorry sir i-"
"the keys" I said dangerously low glaring at the man,  who handed them over I mumbled a 'thanks' as I got into the car along with Alicia.

"so we're ditching?" she asked In her smart Alec tone, I turned to her, and I don't know how I looked but it was enough to silence her.

I wouldn't be able to bear it if he died. The drive to our family hospital was long all I could think of was our last conversation and how I failed to tell him that I did infact care

Gees it's been so long guys and I check this book to see over 1k reads thanks so much for your votes and comments

I'll be updating everyday from now on.

And don't forget to vote and comment,  don't be a ghost reader!!!