painful adjustments

Diane's pov

It's been one week.

One week since I last heard my brother's voice,since we came back from the hospital. one week since he heard about lola's death(to those who wanted Lola alive, she just had to die, she was a minor character,please forgive me? ❤)

It's been one week since my mother spoke, one week since dad left his library, it's been one week since Daniel left, and max just isolates him self,its been one week since my brother Leonardo, has been locked up in his room.

It's been a miserable one week, Alicia is constantly  crying at his door begging for him to open up, but I can't. I can't take it anymore,  even though it had been two years since we saw Lola, she was our sister, and it hurts,it hurts that her last memory  of us wasn't pleasant, it hurts That Alicia constantly  cries by Leonardo door,it hurt my mother constantly behaves like nothing happened she refuses to accept that Lola is in fact dead.

it hurts that my father,locks himself up in that dreaded office, it hurts That there's nothing I can do.

I stood up from my bed, Alicia's cries were still quite audible, I wiped my tears and walked up to her.

"ali-"

"tell him to open" she whispered, not tearing her gaze on the door "tell him,tell Leo to open up"this time she spared  me a glance and I saw it, the misery, the pain That was in her eyes,whatever relationship they had was strong, she had the familiar bags under her eyes that I had, with reddened eyes, dried tear tracks and a stream coming through.

"he won't open," she whispered tracing her hand on the door, "i
.i want him too,to open"she said again "open dammit!" she yelled as she banged the door.

"you're selfish, Leo you're selfish"

"alicia" I said as i pulled her into a hug

"I just want to hear his voice, please.. Please... "she said as she buried her head into my shoulder.

She flinched suddenly. "if you don't come out, I..I.. " she quickly  stood up and headed to the kitchen I followed her.

"what are you doing?" I said tears pouring  down my eyes.

My eyes widened as I saw what she held.

"I.. I will kill myself!,I'll do it! If not for me do it for your mother,she Is not alright,who would be, one child is dead and another refuses to speak, everyone is devastated, max is guilt ridden,Daniel has left, your father has been locked up in that office. Diane,Diane is struggling  to bring everyone back together and I.. I am miserable,if not for them, do it for lola-"

Suddenly the door opened.

He stood there, the bandaid still on his head,his eyes searching for something they didn't look like he was sad, or in pain, they looked empty with tear tracks and reddened eyes, his hand was.. He cut?!

"Lola? I heard her name,  is she back?" he asked his voice hoarse with a hint of hope in his eyes, now how was I supposed  to answer that, if I said yes, he would be overjoyed for a moment then he would suffer more, if I said no, he would be devastated.

So i just stared hoping fate would at least  make the right decision this one time.

"she's  dead" Alicia said as she came closer to him "she's gone,she's not coming  back, and you, you need to face it" Leonardo shakes his head vigorously "yes, this is reality" Alicia said as she held his face.

"everyone is waiting for you, you need to, come out and face it, she's  gone but we're  here, we can get through this together, but separated we will perish" she held their faces close together and  whispered "you're not alone," Leonardo glanced at me, I gave a weak smile. "you have us, me, Diane,max,Daniel ,Anne Arthur,we can't fill the void she left behind, but we will go through this together"

"Leonardo, I'm really sorry" I finally spoke up, "I was wrong, please forgive me"

"it's my fault"

"huh?" I and Alicia said at the same time

"if I hadn't  called her, if she hadn't come,she..she.. " I pulled him in for a hug before he could anything.

"you're not at fault,  if anyone's at fault it's me and max and Daniel we were unfair to you"

"dad. Where's dad?" Leon asked his voice still strained.

"he's in his office" I spoke "he's Ben there  since  you came back."

Leonardo walked slow steps to the office and we followed suit.

Leonardo knocked a few times and silence fell for a few minutes  before a hoarse voice was heard

"go away,i don't want to see anyone"

"not even me?" and in less than a few moments the door swung open, and I would never forget the scene I met.

****

Author's note

Hello guys!
What do you think happened next?
Find out in the next update on blunt! ❤
What do you want to see in the next chapter?
I hope you liked this chapter
If you did, vote comment  and don't forget to follow!
Next chapter comes after 15 votes😁😁

-from ya girl in dah chair😏😏