chapter 20

"dad?" Diane was the first to speak as everyone was shocked at the state he was in, laying carelessly  on his chair with a bottle of vodka is his hands pictures of Lola littered the floor while a framed one of Leonardo rested on his chest, the study was a complete mess and in the midst  of it was a bigger mess laying there in human form,

Arthur Cassa, literally  a shadow of himself.

But that  wasn't what caught Leonardo's attention,being the smart person he was he noticed something  many people hadn't, if Arthur was laying on the chair

Who opened the door? (Hehehe no one expected that 😂😂😂, I'd love to hear your guesses )

But due to the mental and psychological state of  every one including  himself he stayed quiet trying not to pay attention  to minute details...

"dad" Leonardo spoke as he came closer his voice still hoarse.

"Leo?" the man asked, a hint of hope in his eyes, Leonardo noticed another thing, his voice it wasn't  hoarse as it should be, but he shrugged it off and assisted Diane in carrying their father out of the study into the living room where their mother was

The blonde woman happily  came over to them before speaking "lola called me, she wants to meet up with you love"

Everything paused.

Leonardo's head snapped in her direction, confusion evident in his facial features but before he could speak Diane caught him off.

"she's  in denial" she said as if the words were rehearsed "each day she claims she saw Lola and even on a few occasions talked to her, something's  wrong with our mother" Dian spoke a tear slipping down her eyes.

But for some reason Leonardo taught there was more to it, if he took his smarts from anyone, it was from his mom, she was an intelligent  and level headed woman, he would have bought any story, whether it was about how his mother cried day and night or locked her self up in her room and busied her self with work, but that she was seeing things?  That just wasn't  Mara Cassa, then again he shrugged it off, now was not the time to be playing detective.

Alicia came back into the room as she had left to go do something no one questioned her though.

"Daniel called, his coming back" she said as she set her phone down, and Leonardo could have sworn she felt the same uneasiness  that had clouded his thoughts.

"the funeral is today,"

"you were going to do it without me?"

"it's not like we could dragged you through the invisible  door?" Alicia back talked trying to reduce the tension

****

Leonardo sighed as it was his turn to speak he came up to the coffin where in Lola laid as he tightened  his grip on the Rose he held
"thanks for forgiving me, Lola, I'm sorry I wasn't  good enough" he whispered before dropping the rose as the coffin was lowered..

Daniel made an appearance  later looking quite tensed,

"I'm so sorry leo" he spoke
"it's alright, it's water on the bride now there are more important  matters to deal with" Leonardo spoke as he pulled Daniel into a hug, oh he could have sworn Daniel scented like Lola, or was he imagining things, he had to be, there was no way Daniel would scent like Lola, it was just impossible.
Max had been present too, after blurting out so many apologies they buried the hatched, Leonardo left the group and walked away  for some space.

He breathed in fresh air, before the water falls began at first a tear slipped then another and another then the stream came through it was an expression  of pain in silence  a pain only he could feel one mixed with guilt and a pinch of anger.

Leonardo rested on the tree beside the cemetery as tears continued to flow he was sick with incompetence and guilt, pain dancing with his flaws.

Suddenly a paper hit him

He picked it up and it read

"you can't wash away your guilt with tears,..

Lulu"

AN
How was it?!
I hope you liked it!
Don't forget to follow and comment your thoughts
Who do you think sent that note?
What can you deduce out of all the strange happenings?
Find out on the next update on blunt
Which will only happen when I reach 500 followers, I mean it, I'll put the book on pause😏😏 just kidding.
But seriously  guys it's not that hard 😩😩

From: Your gal in dah chair

🚶🚶🚶