conspiracy?

Leonardo paused, letting the words sink in.

Being the smart person he was, he knew the person who sent the letter was informing  him of two things.

1) he/she knew him well enough to know Lola reappeared or...
He preferred to not jump to conclusions
2) he was being watched.

Suppressing  the urge to look back and panic,  he stayed still. Unmoving, he was waiting.

He wanted the person to make the first mistake and he hoped he wasn't  the one falling into a trap.

What ever it was he knew these things were  connected  to the strange things that had been going on, as well as Lola's death.

Lola's death

Thinking about it now, it slipped his mind, Lola was a good driver, it was two years, but he knew her and yes they only spoke a few times but she was a racer she performed  in many competitions  and tournaments,how could she have an accident?

He brushed it off, there were many more matters on ground right now.

"leonardo" Diane's voice was heard as her figure became clearer.
What was she doing here?

Oh, he was at a funeral,  he remembered  now, how could he forget? Was he that messed up?

He stayed still, this was bad.

Of all the times for Diane to call out,and come

He'll have to move first now, he sighed walking towards her.

"how are you?" he asked not reay knowing what to tell her.

"devastated,sad,helpless" she listed as she wiped a few of her tears, stopping mid walk.

"she shouldn't  have died, not her, it shouldn't  have been her"

Leonardo paused letting the words sink in

"w-what do you mean?" he asked voice cracking what was going on.

Her eyes widened as she realised what she and said

"forget it Leo I was just ramb-"

"you said she wasn't  supposed to die, and it shouldn't  have been her!" Leonardo gripped her

"what are you hiding from me?! What's all the mystery about?!"

"I-i can't-"

Leonardo went quiet, realization finally hitting him,

"i-it wasn't  an accident,"

****

"Leonardo!" Diane yelled out as she ran after him, as he ran towards their car.

"what are you doing?!" she yelled as he got in he opened the passenger door.

"are you coming?"

No words were exchanged but a gesture  was enough, Diane hopped into the car,clueless about what the next few hours held. .

"what are we doing here?" she asked as they pulled up at their house.

Leonardo ignored her,  entering the house and running  towards his fathers office, the best place to start.

"Leonardo you can't-"

"there were two people here"

Diane stayed still, they had underestimated  their brother's intelligence.

"w-what do you mean?"

"where did this come from?" leonardo said as he saw blood on the ground, he tapped it, it was fresh, he looked around cautiously,

"come out, I know you're in here, you have a lot of explaining  to do"

silence reigned for a few minutes before a hoarse demeaning voice was heard

"took you long enough"

Authors note!!!
How was it?!
Did you like how smart Leonardo is?!
I just felt like the story was getting boring so I decided to add this.

Did you like it?  If you did
Vote. Comment and follow

From:your gal in dah chair🙂