Chapter 14: Something is wrong.

The new daily routine Sky had ever since he started to help Porsche was very funny. He liked the little freedom he gained with it. He could met people and chat with them a bit while they preparing the drinks and he get to know his father-in-law more day by day. They get on well and could talk about everything. Porsche took care of him and sensed him getting tired before Sky could even feel it. In this case he kindly asked him to go home and help him with the paperwork if he wants.

They were on their way back to the mansion when Sky felt that something was off. Like he was worried but don't know what about. He also noticed that the so active baby in his stomach was totally still. Of course nothing can slip by Porsche's notice.

"What's wrong? You don't feel well?"

"I feel that something is wrong but I can't name what. And the baby just stopped moving. I'm worried that I did something to harm the pup. It was so active all day..." Porsche watched him with a curious look and then he tried to calm him down a bit.

"I don't think you did anything wrong, but we will go to the hospital wing and ask for an ultrasound checkup so you can know that the pup is okay." Sky was still worried and it didn't changed until they hear the pup's totally normal heartbeat. Then what could be the problem?

"I'm still feeling that something is off."

"I guess it's Pai and Kinn then, I feel it too. The bond let you feel when your mate is in danger or something bad happened to them. Let me call Kinn to make sure they are okay." What Sky didn't know was that Porsche felt it too immediately when Sky started to feel it, but he didn't want to make Sky more worried then he is right now. He pretend to be calmer then he really was. "Okay something is really off, no one is picking up the phone." He didn't add that if none of them picks up the phone that means something very bad.

Before they could say anything else the door opened with a big swing and they rushed to the hospital wing carrying a very bleeding and unconscious Pai but the only thing that could scare the shit out of Porsche was that he saw Kinn crying. It was rare even to him to see Kinn crying. He had to catch Sky because his legs stopped holding him.

Sky saw his mate but couldn't smell his scent anymore, the only thing he could smell is the very strong smell of his blood. Even though every alpha and omega released the scared scent without they noticing it. They couldn't control it. Sky could smell his own scared scent he known so well, non of it could overlap the strong smell of blood.

Sky didn't know how did he get back to the hospital wing. He was sitting there on the corridor looking at the door, which his alpha disappeared behind and all he could repeat in his head that "He must be okay! He have to survive it! He will be fine." He was sitting there for like hours, in reality he don't know how much time went by ever since he was sitting there. The corridor was full but none of them said a word. Sky looked around see the faces of the family. Kinn was sitting far and staring at his still blood-covered holding out hands. Porsche was sitting next to his alpha and Sky know that Porsche wants to scream and shout at his mate how could he risk their son's life but he know that the family need to know that Pai is okay before he start to blame anyone.

He wasn't sure how would he feel if there was any noise around him right know, but this complete silence made him sick. Sicker then the whole situation. He wanted to stay but he needed some air. He tried to stand up without any of them notice it but everything was so quiet around him that they spot it immediately.

"What do you need? I'll go and bring you anything you need, just sit down." Pete was the closet to him and tried to push him back to the chair gently.

"Umm... I need some air."

"I'll go with you, call me if something happen." He asked Vegas to inform them anything happens and helped Sky to the backyard of the mansion. On the way they get a bottle of water. Sky felt nauseas and couldn't imagine that he could eat or drink anything. He felt a bit better at the fresh air and when he take a sip of the water he felt how thirty he was.

"I know how you are feeling. Vegas got shot too before, but you also have to think of the pup. You need to drink and eat at least some bites. He will be okay. Trust me it's not so easy to kill a Theerapanyakul." Somehow it made him a bit calmer. He also felt the pup is moving a bit again. Not like before as a football player but he moved gently like he wanted to let his father know that everything is okay now. Just some minutes later Pete's phone rang and they went back.

When they arrived back they got to know that the surgery was successful and they took him to one of the rooms for monitoring him for the night.

"Can I sit by his side?" Sky really want to see his mate.

"Usually I ask mates to stay with their injured ones because the pheromones can help healing, but you need to think of the pup too..."

"Won't it be more dangerous to the pup if I worrying and sitting outside all night long?"

"You are right, how could I thought that you will sleep in your room and visit him at the morning? Okay you can but!!! You have to sleep and stop worrying." Sky didn't add that just because you say don't worry he can stop worrying. Is this doctor a quack? It doesn't matter until he let Sky sit by Prapai's side he can let him say anything he wants.

Of course Sky didn't sleep much that night. Not because of the beeping sound, but because of the fear that something happens again. So he was sitting there and watching the peacefully sleeping alpha.

"I remember to told you that sleep, right?" The doctor come for a check up and ordered Sky to lie down on the couch that is in the room and sleep. Before his head reached the pillow he fall asleep. It was a dreamless sleep but he at least slept some hours. When he woke up someone brought some food to him. He remembered what P'Pete told him so he ate his breakfast. The pup needs food.

Later that day Porsche come back and ask how is Pai doing. Just some minutes later he finally woke up. Sky felt like he can breathe again. After the check up and the family come to tell how happy they are that Pai is okay, they are laying there, next to each other and just watching the other. Sky was scared that it is just a dream and he will soon wake up to find out that something went wrong until he was sleeping. He pushed these thoughts out of his mind but he can't fully calm completely and stop his fears.

"Can you tell me how did you get a bullet from behind when the target was in front of you? I'm pretty sure in this family you heard sometimes that 'Always watch behind' or 'Check what is behind you' so how?"

"I'm not sure Honey. I'm pretty sure there was no one behind me."

"Then how did you get a shot from behind that ricochet on your collarbone and you almost bleed to death. You are lucky that is missed your lungs." Sky felt his tears again.

"Maybe when I dodged it I turned to the side. I'm not sure I can't remember. But look I'm here and living so don't cry okay?"

"Promise me that you won't die before me."

"Hush my love! I can't promise it to you. But I will do anything to never get into such a dangerous situation okay?"

"Alphas are stupid." It amused the alpha. 

"Ohh Sky don't make me laugh, that's still hurtful."

"You deserve the pain after scaring me this much. Even the pup stopped moving. Do you know how scared I was?" He didn't meant it. He kissed the alpha's forehead and pulled the blanket a bit upper. "Just get better to be your usual unstoppable silly you."

"Aww my sweet wifes love me so much."

"I just want my pup to have a father and also you have to recover so I can punish you for being so stupid again."

What none of them know that Kim was literally looked for Gun in every corner of the world and was close to find him. Because no one in this world can shoot his nephew without get a very painful and slow death.