Year 3 | 16 | Prison Break

Over the summer, Lisa had barely any plans. Daphne seemed to be the only friend of hers available, and only ever so often. Severus was home pretty often as usual and Lisa spent a majority of her break bugging him about teaching her all of the spells and charms for next year so she would know them before every other student.

Severus became exasperated on one evening when he seemed to just want to read. "Haven't you already learned all of them, child?"

Lisa grinned and her eyes shined bright with pride. "That's my goal!" She said, watching him close his book and sigh. He can't blame her, he was the one who raised her to be as ambitious and powerful as she could get.

But it wasn't just potions that he wanted her to master. One day, he wouldn't be there for her anymore.

She needed to learn as much defensive and combative magic as possible. Who else was going to protect her if Severus wasn't around?

Mr. Nott? Severus wondered. He tried to think far into the future and see where his daughter would look for in a suitor. Not Zabini. Blaise was a very bright young man, but lazy. And as far as Severus could tell, settling down with one woman would not be his thing.

Lisa couldn't tell what kinda thoughts he was having. "I wish I could read minds like you," she giggled.

"You wouldn't read mine in any event," her father scoffed. "If I promised not to read yours, you would therefore do the same."

Lisa rolled her eyes, plopping down next to her cauldron. He did promise never to use his mind reading abilities on her, and he has kept his promise for her 13 years of life. He was lucky she never used this to his advantage.

She wasn't the best liar, because she never had a reason to. She and Severus were close and she never felt like she needed to keep things from him.

~

After a long, month of going out with Daphne to the cutest and most noble shops and then eating out in cafes that Lisa just HAD to see, July had approached.

Quickly and terrifyingly, because almost as soon as they settled in the later summer, news spread like a wildfire about a prisoner escaping from Azkaban.

Severus took this news bad. As soon as the Daily Prophet came through that morning and he read through it, a lot of plans after that were cancelled.

He and Lisa talked it over during breakfast but he couldn't seem to eat.

"I do not want to see you go out without an adult nearby- is that clear?"

Lisa nodded as this was very serious.

He continued, without looking up from the magazine. "You and Daphne may Floo to each other, only if parents are home, but I would rather the both of you stay put at either of these manors."

July became a boring month of not being able to go out because most of the time, Severus and Daphne's parents were too busy to watch the girls. Daphne Floo'd in with Draco and Blaise- who had returned from a trip and flopped on Lisa's bed.

"I can't believe we can't do anything," Daphne groaned as the boys sat in a couple of comfy chairs. She sighed dramatically. "Most boring summer ever. If they're scared of us going outside here in London, why don't they take us to another country?"