Year 2 | 9 | Nimbus 2000 and Nimbus 2001

The summer holidays went terrifically for Lisa. For a month, she stayed at Daphne's home because her father was stuck on a "business trip."

She was upset that he had to be away for so long but he made it up to her by taking her to a national Quidditch game... that lasted seven hours. It hadn't been the longest Quidditch game she'd ever been to; the longest had been two days straight. It was not a fun trip for Severus, but it was for Lisa.

Lisa let her father finish packing and sat at the dining hall inside their tent. Quidditch sounded so appealing to her, but she never thought she had enough natural talent. But her second year was coming up and she wanted to get her father's input.

"Hey, Dad?" She started nervously, peering at her own young body from a mirror.

"Yes, Lisa?" He set down a box and started taking down all the drapes.

She looked down at her skinny legs and held a grapefruit in one hand. "Could I be a good Quidditch player?"

He paused for a second. "That's a strange question." Severus watched her carefully as she took a nonchalant bite from the grapefruit. "You could be a good Quidditch player, anyone could..."

"Longbottom?" Lisa muttered under her breath. Severus pretended not to hear.

"You would have to work hard." He crossed his arms. "Is that something you want to do? Play Quidditch?"

"I think so," she responded with a mouthful of the sour fruit.

The next thing she knew she had received a broom for her twelfth birthday.

It was the same day she was going to Diagon Alley with Severus so he could purchase her required school supplies. Severus gave her some coins and told her to get herself an ice cream cone- said it was for her birthday. All any kid could want on their birthday is an ice cream cone but he sweetened her day with a Nimbus 2000.

"Dad!" She exclaimed as soon as she saw it. "That's a- a-"

"Nimbus 2000?" he suggested, smirking. "Happy birthday."

"I love you!" She squealed, hugging his torso as tight as she could before letting go and reaching for her broom.

Severus pulled it away before she could touch it. "Ah-ah. Remember, this is a high-quality gift, meaning you will do well not to crash it into something. Got it?"

"I promise," Lisa said in all seriousness. He gave in and let her hold it, but she couldn't ride it until they got home.

As they were walking by, Severus suddenly paused, rifling through Lisa's new school books. "Oh. Hm."

"What is it?" asked Lisa.

"I must have forgotten one of the books," he muttered, peering into his bag. Rolling his eyes, he took two Galleons and a few Sickles and gave them to Lisa. "Will you go get this?" He pointed at the list, where a Defense Against the Darks Arts book was.

"Of course!" said Lisa eagerly. Without hesitation, she let him hold her broom while she went inside Madam Malkins, but could hardly even move due to the large crowd.

At some point a larger man bumped into her without knowing it and she tripped, landing on the floor with a thump. Immediately irritated, she scowled and was picking herself up before she heard, "Lisa?"

Looking up, her scowl went away. "Hiya, Harry!" He helped her up, and she brushed herself off.

"I thought your dad was just in here," he commented, taking her further into the crowd where his other friends must be.