2 | 12 | Jelly Limbs

The halls have been a little more tense lately as news about the "chamber of secrets" spread around.

No one really knew what that meant, but Lisa and others had been trying to figure it out. One time in Transfiguration, Hermione actually outright asked Professor McGonagall what it was, but it didn't feel like a complete answer.

After this, Lisa just felt like she was so busy for some reason. Her theory was that teachers were trying to keep students too occupied to have free time to even think about whatever was going on. As any 12 year old would be, Lisa was a little on edge lately.

However as weeks passed, she knew she had to focus on becoming the best Quidditch player. Practices had been paying off and she could tell she was ready for the upcoming game.

Daphne had to calm down Lisa and prepare her and Draco for the big game. "I know this is so huge," she reassures, "but it's also just a game and Gryffindor is trash. You just have to take them out!"

Even Severus was extremely supportive; as in he made sure Lisa knew how much he needed her to succeed. Anymore Slytherin losses would put them into shame.

On the day of the game, Lisa finally got to see Harry just while they were on the field. She hadn't had any time to go talk to him, she just had been too nervous. Even looking at him then was putting a pit in her stomach. But it was time for the game and her father was not lucky enough to referee this time.

It begins with a whistle and players shoot from their position, making Lisa dizzy with nerves but ready to give all that she could.

She watched as the Slytherins overtook the Quaffle and passed it amongst themselves when she finally got it herself. She raced around the net whilst keeping eye contact with the other team's Keeper, thankful that her father got her one of the best brooms made.

As soon as she passed the ball, it got thrown into the goal and the Keeper did not manage to save it. Slytherin went wild for the first goal and the game and Lisa caught her best friends cheering on amidst the crowd. She was beginning to feel a little more confident when realizing this just felt like practice.

It seemed like there was just goal after goal until Lisa finally scored her own as revenge for a Gryffindor goal and the butterflies in her stomach as the cheering ensued felt suffocating but in a good way. She loved the ecstatic feeling of being applauded by her favorite people.

As soon as she got to her peak, she was distracted by the flurry of a Bludger as one of the Weasley twins tried to run for it. It just barely hit the end of her broom and she yelped in fright. "Watch where you're aiming that thing!" She couldn't help but shriek.

"Not aiming it!" A twin claimed.

"It's gone rogue!"

Lisa chose to stay focused with her scoring with the Quaffle, even though she hadn't made anymore shots. She didn't want to disappoint, but it seemed more and more she kept seeing the Bludgers fly past her to Harry who was, at this point, more worried about getting away.

She just barely saw him reaching out towards something and realized the game was nearing its end. She resorted to cheering on Draco and trying to encourage him to get to the Snitch first, but it was no use.

She couldn't take watching the Bludgers go mad and she knew someone needed to stop them from trying to kill Harry but there was nothing she could do. At this point the Keepers and Chasers were more worried about what would next happen with the Snitch.

And no one found out until later as Harry was knocked completely out by a Bludger that had finally hit its target.

"Harry!" Lisa and several others yelled and immediately went to try and grab him but he was already on the ground. As soon as he woke up, it was revealed that he had grabbed the Snitch! Rigged.

"Let me see that," cried Professor Lockhart. Lisa barely heard the commotion as there were several teachers already there blocking the view.

A nasty sound emitted from the center where Harry was and Lisa got to it and nearly vomitted.

"You turned his arm into jelly!" Someone said accusingly towards Lockhart, who was stumbling over his words.

After a while it was announced that the Gryffindors somehow won even though Slytherins had scored so many points. It was disappointing even though Lisa had to remind herself that Harry broke his arm for that.

She had met him in the hospital wing once and fortunately did not endure any taunts. She just wanted him to get better.

The mood, however, was completely crushed when everyone was reminded of the weird happenings of Hogwarts. This time, they were just frightening.

One of the first years got completely petrified.

~ * ~ *
Published 3-3-24
my two year working anniversary

Speaking of jobs, if you like Dairy Queen what's your favorite blizzard? If u do not, what is your favorite ice cream flavor?

Mine rn are brownie batter, turtle pecan, and Reese's pie! Since I work there I can try all of them it's so awesome