3 | 19 | Rumors and Cat Fights

Trying to balance friendship with Harry/ maybe his chaotic group of friends and her best mates was getting harder for Lisa. Daphne already knew about Lisa secretly talking with Harry and she didn't seem to find it a terrible idea.

"I think Draco would be dramatic to care," Daphne had commented. "And I believe your father just cares because he doesn't want his 'queen of Slytherin' daughter having any friendships with a Gryffindor."

Lisa nodded in agreement. "I feel like I could eventually warm up the idea to him. That it isn't that serious. He just needs to get over his hate."

She wondered if Daphne might be saying all that because she knew Lisa didn't want to hear otherwise.

Nevertheless, Lisa met Harry in the library one day and they began talking about Quidditch.

Lisa didn't want to bring up the sore subject, but it turned out to be interesting. One day during breakfast, Harry received the newest broom, the Firebolt. Everyone was so excited- except for the other teams of course.

Lisa realized she didn't hear Draco moaning about it because apparently the broom had gotten taken away anyway- an idea prompted by Hermione and surprisingly executed by the younger Weasley sister.

Harry couldn't fathom why Ginny would become so uptight and claim that it needed to be inspected. He just assumed Ginny and Hermione were super paranoid about his wellbeing.

Just after Harry left, Lisa somehow learned the reason his broom was taken.

She was going to leave, but ended up coming back to look for a book about horned slugs, when she heard a sort of familiar voice from the other side.

She was minding her business, not bothering to stay quiet until she heard- "Snape looks so desperate on the field, don't you think?"

Lisa peered through the shelves to find the back of a girl with long, red hair next to an unfamiliar Gryffindor. "What do you mean?" The other girl asked.

Weasley lowered her voice. "Don't you see how she talks to Harry? She just flies by him and flirts and it drives me insane because no one else sees it."

Lisa held back a scoff.

"I guess, I don't really pay attention to sports."

"It's a lot more than sports though! I just wish Harry could watch the games with us- his real friends. She just had such close quarters with him in the sky- That's why I did that earlier."

Her friend laughed a little. "You are so sneaky."

Not one bit.

Lisa decided this was none of her business- but she would tell Harry about it. She didn't bother concealing herself as she picked up the book she wanted and walked away.

She looked back at the last second to see the two girls watching her, mouths slightly agape.

~

Somehow word got out about Weasley's crush and a rumor had spread about her trying to sabotage his Quidditch playing on purpose.

Lisa just smirked as she heard people talk about the girl. If she hadn't made up stupid rumors about her flying too close to Harry, people wouldn't be teasing her as much. She had to admit, Weasley did usually stand her ground when students teased her.

That didnt make her any less annoying, though. Especially to Lisa. She hadn't outright confronted her until one day, apparently she heard Harry say something a little rude about her.

Lisa founded herself being yelled at by the tiny redhead in the courtyard in front of people.

"I know you told everyone what you thought you heard!" She was yelling, getting in Lisa's face. Lisa looked up from the homework she was trying to finish.

She shrugged as Weasley folded her arms and waited for her response. "I think everyone found out because you couldn't keep your mouth shut."

Suddenly, Weasley had her wand in her hand and Lisa was waiting for her to even try to do anything. Weasley narrowed her eyes and said, "You're just mad nobody likes you-"

"And you're mad Potter doesn't like you!"

Lisa blocked a weak but angry spell from Weasley. Her wand work was terrible, Lisa couldn't imagine why she would try and pick a fight with an older, much more talented student.

Students gathered around to watch, but it was all cut short when Professor McGonagall pushed her way in and separated the girls.

~

"She gave you detention, too?"

Lisa scoffed. "I didn't even do anything. What did McGonagall want me to do? Let crazy Weasley attack me?!"

Daphne and Draco shook their heads in sync. Blaise rolled his eyes, and Theodore said, "If you were both in Gryffindor there would be no detentions. She would say it was just a silly squabble."

Harry and Ron argued about the fight, Ron saying it was Lisa's fault for spreading rumors about his sister. Since Weasley denied it, Ron believed her over the Slytherin. Harry, of course, knew who to believe.

He didn't know why Ginny had to go and pick a fight with Lisa. She was just increasing the divide between the two Houses. Ginny was dumb to do that, and think she could roam the halls freely. Slytherins were mad that Lisa got detention even though she had done nothing wrong.

Someone had hexed Ginny and sent her to the hospital wing- just for the night. Of course, they were never caught. It was just a lesson for the second-year and hopefully one for her to remember.

Lisa loved how her friends had her back. Even when she served the detention, all she did was study and finish up homework. She didn't have to do much, the detention was handed over to her father. She had told him the whole story and he got irritated with the others involved.

"That unruly Weasley is just like her brothers," he scowled when the detention was over. "Picking up your wand when you're being attacked is not a bad behavior. It should be encouraged. Especially with all the turmoil and whatnot."

Lisa was happy to hear Harry's response to everything and it would all be okay. Now, her goal was to try and fix her father's view of things. If she could change his mind, she wouldn't have to hide her and Harry's friendship.

~ * ~ *
Published 3/30/24

What's your zodiac sign?

Capricorn!!