3 | 18 | We Can't be Friends

Lisa tried to have a good time with her friends but she felt slightly anxious about the upcoming plans she had. How would he even find her if she could find somewhere secluded? She guessed he wanted to talk about everything.

That made her even more nervous.

She found herself walking next to Blaise, one of her best male friends, listening to Draco bicker to himself really while Daphne, Greg, Vincent, and Theodore listened (the last two were excitedly walking ahead because the group was headed to Honeyduke's).

Lisa shivered as they walked, regretting her choice to keep her long emerald green cardigan unbuttoned. Daphne told her it would look adorable opened, and so she could show off her expensive silver necklace. She had on a black turtleneck sweater-dress underneath and yet she was still cold.

Inside Honeydukes it was warm, and filled with other kids looking for a sweet treat. It was such a neat sight, and Lisa remembered the one time she had gone before with her father. It was a long time ago, and yet nothing had changed.

Rows and columns of candy and jars filled with sweets all hit Lisa with overwhelming scents. She knew she wanted to make this last and she instinctively got out her heavy bag of coins that she finally could use- a gift from her father for finally being of age to go to this village with her peers.

She wanted to try several candies, so she and Daphne filled up a teeny cart with pairs of anything they thought would be yummy.

They didn't spend nearly as much as the boys but everyone came out with lots of treats to try.

They passed the famous tea shop and Draco suddenly quickened his pace and Theo laughed a little. They heard him mutter to Vincent that Draco, "was scared Daphne would ask him to take her there."

Daphne gasped in distaste. "Draco Malfoy is that true?!" She whacked the back of his head as he tried to duck and run away. "I would never step foot in such a low-budget, desperate, and hideous place like Puddifoots Tea."

Lisa laughed with her friends while the others found seats in the square, Daphne still scolding her newly official boyfriend.

As time was drawing near, the group sort of split apart naturally in pairs. Daphne went with Draco to look at some clothes, while Blaise found some random girl. Theo left on his own because he had to finish some homework, and Greg and Vincent went back to Honeydukes.

Lisa found her way to the cemetery, where she figured no one would want to even come close to.

Almost as soon as she was alone, Harry literally appeared out of what seemed to be thin air.

Lisa clutched her wand and gasped. "How the hell did you-?"

He held up some sort of cloak. And tried it on again. Took it off. And smiled cheekily.

Lisa put two and two together. "First of all, you've been invisible this whole time? And were you following me?!"

"How else was I supposed to know where you would go!" He protested, folding his cloak protectively. "But, anyway, I've been meaning to talk."

Lisa folded her arms, not forgetting how he never wrote back to her after disobeying her own father. "Oh really? I thought a cat got your tongue. Like Granger's mangy thing."

Harry looked uneasy. "I- I didn't really know what to say. I just wanted to speak in person; I'm not the biggest letter sort of person."

The girl rolled her eyes. What was even there to say? She already told him that Snape forbade her to be friends with him. What would that mean for them?

"I don't think it would be a good idea to continue being friendly," Lisa forced herself to say. "It'll be easier for you to continue hating us Slytherins anyway."

"Hating you Slytherins?" Harry scoffed. "Most of them are gits to us first."

"Okay, okay, there's some House rivalry," Lisa admitted, looking away the handsome boy in front of her, that unknowingly made her insides flutter a bit. "That's my point, though. And my father-"

"As if his rules mean much to me," Harry interrupted quietly, not knowing the effect it had on Lisa. "See if he can try and end an innocent friendship. I don't see any other people from our houses willing to make an alliance."

He convinced her.

Before long, he suddenly became "a letter sort of person" when it came to Lisa. She would send and receive updates about their lives and he ended up opening up to her about the escaped inmate and his feelings about it.

Of course, he would only talk about that kind of stuff in person just in case anyone somehow snatched their letters.

Lisa started seeing him more and more- he just seemed to appear wherever she was. His rebellious nature led him to start showing up even when Severus was around. Obviously, Lisa would tilt her head straight up and ignore him.

She didn't know why he would do that, but he realized it was fun to see her reaction.

One day after Quidditch practice, Lisa bumped into Harry and gulped. "Harry! Watch it," she laughed as he pretended to be struck down violently.

"No... the winner of the Quidditch cup this year only," he gasped, still bitter that his broom had been shattered by the Whomping Willow somehow. Lisa felt extremely bad, and knew this wouldn't be a fair game without their amazing Seeker. She, of course, wouldn't admit that to him.

Instead she said, "Oh, we both know that wouldn't change even if your broom didn't completely die on you."

The friendly banter didn't last long as they had to split up quickly, but it was moments like those that made Lisa feel pretty strongly about her friend.

She didn't know how to address any feelings other than shoving them down. She didn't like him like that, she just thought he was sort of cute and funny.

Blaise was cute and funny, and so was Theodore, and Draco, and pretty much all of her male friends, but deep down she could tell these were slightly different feelings.

It was only because she wasn't supposed to be friends with him; that's what the feelings came from.

~ * ~ *
Published 3/22/24

What's your patronus?

I took the test and got a hound which is really cute but ideally I would want it to be like a shark or something

Omg a dinosaur