Year 1 | 1 | I Met The Chosen One

September, 1991

September, 1991

"Dad, wait up!" Lisa called, struggling to bring down all of her luggage.

Severus's gaze swept over hers like a protective hawk and he muttered something incoherent under his breath, perhaps about how exasperating she was. "Elisabeth, you're staying for ten months; you aren't moving in."

Lisa shook her head at him. Surely he knew what it was like to be going to Hogwarts for the first time. "Over-packing is better than under-packing." When Severus grabbed the heaviest bag for her, she decided against protesting. Her mother always taught her not to speak back or question her parents, especially over something silly.

"Come, Elisabeth." When the little girl exited the manor, Severus took one last look before locking it up and leading her straight to a bus stop for King's Cross.

~ * ~ *

"It's not a real wall, is it?" Lisa wondered, gazing at the brick wall sitting in front of her and her father. Severus sighed and Lisa took it as a warning to not get on his nerves.

"Just run straight through," he instructed, but the girl tugged on his cloak sleeve.

"Can you run with me?"

He grabbed onto her cart with no hesitation. "Close your eyes, Elisabeth, it'll be much easier..."

Before Lisa could count to three, she was running into the wall that looked too real to run through, but there was no crash. When she opened her eyes, she was on a completely different station with the Hogwarts Express already waiting. "I will see you at Hogwarts." Severus, as a sign of affection, laid a spindly hand on his daughter's small back. She wrapped his torso in a hug and Severus pulled back before they could catch any lingering eyes. "Do try to behave yourself."

"I will," Lisa promised, starting for the train. "I love you!"

The inside of the train was chaotic, but welcoming. There were sparks flying against the walls and students running around to find good compartments, and almost immediately Lisa was bombarded by a set of twins setting some short guy's head on fire. She ducked, avoiding the flames spewing from the twins' wands, and hoped she would never become their victim.

She was about to get crushed by a set of Hufflepuff's when a blonde female with extravagant nails pulled her out of the way. "Come on, Lisa, we saved you a seat!"

"Daphne!" Lisa smiled at her best friend, who smirked back.

"I was beginning to think you couldn't make it past the brick wall," she teased and led Lisa to a set of cushioned seats. "Anyways, I believe everyone is here," she said, and Lisa waved to the group of mostly boys.

Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, Blaise Zabini- "Blaise did you get those Spanish magazines?" Daphne asked- and Theodore Nott- oh, and of course Draco Malfoy.