4 | 25 | I Literally Did Nothing to You, Kinda

"I was so worried, my dear! Getting separated in an event like that-" Narcissa Malfoy shook her head in despair.

She continued. "Who knows who I can rely on besides my very own to shield such a valued young lady?" She patted Draco's cheek. "From what I've heard, those tyrants can't even protect their own."

Lisa let out a small breath. Mrs. Malfoy wasn't judging Lisa for who she was with, she was scared they weren't good enough to defend her from an attack.

Harry was ready to defend her from anything, it seemed. Lisa pushed away those thoughts and smiled at Draco's mother.

"He helped me up when I got trampled, and led me to the forest. I couldn't see anyone through that big crowd." She shuddered. It was horrendous and scary.

A look of guilt might have flashed past the older woman's eyes, but it was gone in an instant. She sent everyone to bed as they were being made to sleep in the guest rooms to avoid anymore travelling and hassle for the night.

Lisa found herself writing to Harry as soon as she found the time. She wanted to make sure he was okay.

When she was finished, she sent it off and slept late into the next morning. A letter was already sitting on her windowsill.

~

It was hard to forget about the riot, but Lisa pushed past it as she waved goodbye to her best friends' parents. They were boarding the Hogwarts Express.

Already the year was starting on a strange note, but Lisa was determined to win the House Cup, become top of her class, and impress everyone with her wand skills. Maybe she would even find a fun little date.

She was following Daphne in the train when she felt a tug on her arm, and she looked over to see Harry Potter sitting alone in a compartment.

"Where is Weasel and Granger?" She automatically asked. If Harry was somewhere, they were following like little puppies.

"Saying her goodbyes, Hermione, and Ron is trying to track down that trolley." He smiled. "It's just us at the moment."

Lisa flushed. "I'm sitting with my friends. I'm sure they would love you to join!" She chuckled. Both of them knew better.

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened, after you and Malfoy left," he said quietly. "And I was wondering if you recognized a figure anywhere? The man that cast that spell?"

Lisa tried hard to think. All she could remember was the look on Draco's face when that thing was in the air, but they never talked about it. She could tell the Malfoy's were hiding something and she wanted to be included. But no, she couldn't remember who the figure was. "No luck."

He nodded and they were silent for a few moments, both thinking of what to say. They each opened their mouths to talk but right then, Granger appeared.

"Hello, Harry, Lisa." She was a lot more bearable with Lisa after knowing about her friendship with Harry. Weasley, not so much.

"Hi, Hermione," Lisa said awkwardly. Being friends with Harry was one thing, but a muggle-born? Although she didn't believe pure-bloods were better than anyone, she was raised to ignore the lower bloods.

Weasley came in after. He was different. Even though they were pure-bloods, Lisa suspected the Malfoys and the Greengrasses would still rather she were more friendly with Hermione. Weasley was simply a blood traitor. And he was rude.

He almost pushed Lisa out of the way, earning a scold from both Harry and Hermione. Lisa scoffed. "Did your mother ever teach you manners, Weasel? Or was she too busy trying to hold you back from relentlessly bullying everyone around you?"

Harry almost laughed until Weasley turned red with anger. "No snakes allowed." He then shut the door right in front of Lisa's face, forcing her out of the way and into the aisle.

The audacity! Lisa stood there, shocked. She waited a second to see if Harry would open it up and apologize for him. It never came.

A little disgruntled and embarrassed that she couldn't do anything to help herself, Lisa went and found her friends in their compartment.

"What happened?" Daphne asked immediately as she sat down with a sour look on her face.

"Make Weasley your number one punching bag," Lisa said to the group.

They immediately understood.

At the start of year feast, Lisa avoided Harry's eyes, furious at him for letting Weasley do that to her. She thought about jinxing them both.

Dumbledore's announcement was extremely unexpected. A Triwizard Tournament?

He said other schools would be coming as well to participate and they all had to be 17 and up.

Lisa didn't want to have anything to do with it anyway. She didn't need money and eternal glory, she was a Snape and she was getting more and more popular every year. Also, the whole thing seems very dangerous.

She looked around and it seemed the other Slytherins weren't too interested either. The other Houses were eating up each word, though. Draco was snickering at some third year Gryffindors that were genuinely upset that Dumbledore wouldn't send them to their deaths.

As the feast continued and all the teachers were announced, Lisa noticed Ron holding a bloody rag to his nose. Looks like her friends already went through with their promise. She gave him a sickly smile.

He looked away instantly and murmured something to Harry, who didn't respond. Lisa went about her business and she and Daphne finally unpacked and laid in their beds until they fell asleep happily.

Classes began unfortunately soon, with one teacher in particular acting super duper strange. Mad-Eye Moody, and they were right about him being mad.

He thought he could scare his students with the Imperius Curse (highly illegal), but Lisa only felt annoyed. He was torturing a poor spider for no reason other than entertainment. What was he even teaching the students?

She scoffed in his class and he turned to her and made the spider crawl on her hand. She wasn't afraid- he would certainly get in trouble if he made it bite her.

"I'm gonna put it out of its misery," she warned.

He looked interested in these words. "Well, go on," the professor grunted, his weird eye twitching.

Obviously she didn't want it to die if it didn't have to. She flicked it away and rolled her eyes.

He ended up killing it on the spot.

Daphne was complaining after class about it, saying she hoped he had the same luck as the last three teachers. Lisa agreed immensely. Something was wrong with that Auror, maybe he needed to retire.

Nevertheless, at least her other classes were bearable. She was happy to go to Potions and see her father present them with even harder work. She was almost completely on top of this class, surprisingly passing Draco but not some Ravenclaw.

Severus did seem a little snappy that day, so she didn't test his patience.

After class, she was almost bombarded by Harry.

"Watch it!" She snapped before seeing who it was. "Oh. You. I'm not happy with you." She tilted her head up and walked on. He followed.

"I know!" He started, earning a glare from Lisa. "I'm sorry. He just shocked me, y'know, I've never seen him act like that."

Idiot, Lisa thought. "Then you must have never seen him with me. He's been this way since year one!"

Harry thought for a second. "I'll try and change him, Lisa, really. He's my best mate and it can't be that serious."

She doubted it, but let the boy try and fix that disgusting attitude. He would see soon anyway that Ron was nothing but jealous and selfish.

~ * ~ *
Published 4/16/24

numba one favorite Weasley?

Fred for me ❤️ or Molly!