4 | Overturning Events

𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

My head feels heavier than ever. My body adorned with bandages. Stirring in my sleep, I open my eyes slowly, disoriented in an unfamiliar dimly lit room.

Moonlight filters through the curtains, casting a gentle glow from the big glass window. Shadows dancing on the walls. The night outside veiled in quietness.

Gingerly, I touch the bandages on my forehead. The memory of the hit-and-run flooding back—the screeching tires, the impact, the sensation of being thrown into the air. The room spins for a moment before settling into focus.

Death almost took over me but I've survived. Again.

Where am I?

The room decorated in a minimalistic but luxurious way—dark gray painted the walls and embellished white furniture.

This is someone's house and no, I'm not in the hospital. Someone saved me and brought me here. But why?

"You're awake."

Reflectively, I look to my left side where's the voice coming from. I almost jump out as I realize there's a woman who's been keeping eyes on me all along.

Strangely, she looks so familiar. I squint my eyes and look as deeply as I can into her face. Deep dark brown eyes, sharp nose, devilish but charming face features, pierced lips—wait, wait!

She's the killer of my husband.

"Where am I?" My voice hoarse and weak. I try to cover up my dread but the puff of breath afterwards certainly doesn't help.

"At my house. You're safe here." I know she's hot in pictures but never imagine she could be even hotter in person. If her deep voice is a person, I'll marry her voice.

Now that I've been observing her this long, I've just realized that the top three of her white shirt are undone, showcasing her skin in a very sexy masculine way. Fuck, why does she have to be so hot? And sexy.

"Wh-why don't you just bring me to the hospital?"

"I can't. You're not safe there. Apart from the fact that I'm a criminal," She runs her fingers through my long hair, stroking and brushing it softly off my face.

So she's not going to hide the fact that she's a criminal. A sexy criminal. Fuck, what is wrong with me?

She killed your husband, Hanni!

But, did she? How could she be this kind? She even saved my life.

"Any other questions?"

I stay silent. I'm afraid that whatever slips out of my mouth will expose my true intention to her.

I don't want that. This is a big opportunity. To kill her. To end all of this mess.

Though it's not part of the plan that she saved me, it's more than enough because apparently it gets me to this house easier than I could imagine.