13 | Morning Pills

𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The world around us dissolves into a vast expanse of white, an empty canvas stretching endlessly before us. There are no skies, no trees, no signs of life—just the two of us on this desolate road, heading towards an unknown destination.

"Are you still mad at me?" His voice, so familiar yet haunting, breaks the eerie silence.

It's a voice I never thought I'd hear again, a voice that ignites a whirlwind of emotions within me.

I refuse to meet his gaze, keeping my eyes fixed ahead. Then, I feel his eyes boring into me through the rearview mirror. Despite my efforts to ignore him, his laughter, soft and melodious, fills the void around us. A painful reminder of what once was.

"Of course, I am. You left me." My voice dripping with bitterness and hurt.

His laughter persists, a gentle melody in the silence. The weight of his apology hangs in the air like a heavy fog.

"I'm so sorry, Hanni," he whispers, his words like a soft caress against my soul.

"For what?" My voice trembles. "For leaving me? For breaking your promises? For shattering our dreams?" Every word spills out of me, raw and unfiltered, a torrent of pain and anger.

His smile softens. "For all of it," he admits, heavy with regret. "For everything I couldn't give you, everything I couldn't be."

Tears blur my vision, threatening to overflow, but I refuse to let them fall. I steel myself, drawing strength from the memories of our past, from the love that still lingers between us like a fragile thread.

"Where are you going?" I finally ask something, my voice barely above a whisper.

He shrugs, his gaze fixed on the endless road ahead. "I don't know. Wherever this road takes me."

My heart aches at the thought of him drifting aimlessly, lost in a world without direction or purpose. "The day they took you, I wished it was me instead."

He reaches out, his hand brushing against mine. A fleeting touch that sends sparks dancing along my skin.

"Hanni, can you promise me one thing?" His eyes search mine for answers.

Just when I'm about to say something, a shadow looms on the horizon. My heart seizes in my chest as I realize the danger that lurks just beyond our reach.

"Carl, watch out!" I cry out.

The black car hurtles towards us with terrifying speed.

The sound of screeching tires reverberates. Carl swerves to the right, narrowly avoiding a catastrophic collision. My heart pounds in my chest as we veer away from the brink of disaster. The adrenaline coursing through my veins like fire.