12 | Silken Bonds

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Pham Hanni tried to kill me.

It's too much to take in all at once. First, she's married, which I initially doubted but it's true. She's a married woman.

Second, her husband is dead, and her 'oppa' is actually her brother. I'm so jealous that I didn't even consider that.

Third, I'm the one who killed her husband.

What the actual fuck is going on?

I've killed countless faceless people, any one of them could have been Hanni's husband. I would've never known.

I watch her lying still on the bed, sleeping soundly, her chest rising and falling in peaceful slumber. Gently, I brush a strand of hair away from her face, my touch lingering on her smooth skin. She looks so fragile, so vulnerable.

I wonder if she'll ever forgive me, if she'll ever be able to look past the pain and see the remorse in my eyes. But for now, all I can do is watch over her, protect her, and pray that one day she'll find it in her heart to forgive me. Even if I don't deserve it.

After rendering her unconscious, I tended to her wound and gently applied a bandage to her forehead. I tied her hands above her head with dark blue silky ties, fastening them to the bed frame with precision. I did the same with her legs, attaching them to each bedpost. I covered her with a duvet to ensure she didn't feel completely powerless once she woke up.

I had no choice. If I hadn't tied her legs, she might have struggled, potentially injuring herself or escaping. I chose silky ties over handcuffs or rope to avoid hurting her.

I feel like the cruelest person alive. I never intended to hurt her, physically or mentally. But it seems I've done both.

Sitting beside her on the bed, I'm dressed in nothing but a sleek black chiffon cardigan and loose pants since I just had a doctor treat my shoulder wound.

Damn it. It's been a while since I've been shot.

Hanni caused this, but I can't bring myself to hate her. I understand why she did what she did. My feelings are still the same for her. Especially when we just had sex in my bed.

Suddenly, she stirs, making me instinctively straighten up. Her eyes flutter open slowly, and she panics, realizing she's tied up.

She squirms, and her breathing becomes erratic. She turns her head and squeezes her eyes shut, expecting me to hit her. I sigh and reach out to tenderly stroke her head, telling her that I won't hurt her.

"I'm not going to hurt you," I mutter, hoping to calm her shaking form.

She seems frozen, still refusing to meet my gaze.