6 | Practice

𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

This is crazy.

And ridiculous.

The killer of my husband just saved my life from hit-and-run, brought me to her home, provided me with hospitality, and even took care of me like I was her real lover. I even found myself allowing her to carry me in a bridal-style position and babble to her about my passion for Ice Bear, which is definitely the most unforgiven act of all my life.

What would Carl think of this? He must be hurt. So, so much hurt.

I'm sorry, Carl, for cheating on you. I swear to God, this is just for the sake of killing her. And after that, I'll go to heaven with you. I promise.

"BITCH, WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN!??" Soobin roars through the phone, nearly blowing out my eardrums.

I winced, pulling the phone away before returning it to my ear.

"A car hit and ran me. I'm saved but it's not what you expected. The one who saved me is Kim Minji, she brought me to her house and—"

"WHAT!??" Soobin screams so high that I'm concerned if he suddenly turns into a girl. "YOU GET HIT AND RUN AND SHE SAVED YOU!??"

"Yes."

"Shit. That's not part of the plan. That's the total opposite of the plan. BUT-BUT ARE YOU OKAY THERE!? DID SHE DO ANYTHING TO YOU!? ARE YOU LOCKED UP IN A BASEMENT!? I-I CALL THE POLICE NOW!!"

I sigh, touching my forehead then shake my head. We're on a call right now, he doesn't have to shout.

"I'm all okay, oppa. She treats me with great hospitality here. She stayed with me the whole night, made me breakfast, have an illegal doctor check up on me. We even... watched We Bare Bears together."

"Shit."

"I know." I answer with a sigh.

"So you're totally okay, there? You sure she's not going to cut your arms or something? OR-OR SHE—"

"She's a good person, oppa." I'm certain. "At least to me, she is."

I know to some people it's weird to call your own brother oppa because that word is often more used towards lovers, but fuck that. He's my brother, I can call him whatever I want.

"So, should I cancel the police SWAT team I was about to send over?"

"Please do. I'm actually enjoying this little vacation a little too much."

"Cute. But what should I tell your boss, then? You've been MIA for a day." Ugh, work.

"Tell him I'm deathly ill and will be out of commission for a while. Fake a doctor's note if you have to." Now that I'm living here in a mansion with a very good-looking Mafia, I don't think I want to go back to that life again.