7 | Black Lion

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"It's yours, Min," Hyein confirms, her voice resolute. She had gone through a lot just to hack the CCTV and get the damn footage.

"What?" I furrow my brows in disbelief.

I examine the papers before me, each one linking me to the hit-and-run car.

Black Badge Ghost.

I don't remember owning such an ugly car in my whole life. They've been using the ugly car to commit crimes under my name for quite a while. Fuck them.

"It's yours, positively. You left it somewhere when you bombed the tall building," Haerin interjects calmly, her arms folded across her chest.

"Cazzo!" I curse, frustration boiling over as I crumple the papers in my fists. "That fucking wolf," I growl, my voice thick with anger and resentment.

It all makes sense now. Lupo is everything behind this twisted game.

And Hanni, my sweet Hanni, had suffered because of him. Every inch of my body flares up at the mere thought of her being targeted.

Hanni is in danger. I need to be really, really careful to make sure she's safe. Whether we're anything or not, she's my responsibility now.

I'll protect her till my very last breath.

But what's next? Lupo is hidden somewhere in the city. He's not in his office. Danielle went through the headquarters last night and he was nowhere to be seen. Unless a tape was left on his table knowing someone from us would come for him.

"There's this one informant we could trust," a silky manly voice chimes in, interrupting our conversation as his figure enters the room, a bottle of whiskey in hand.

Papa's eyes sharp with focus as he settles onto the couch. "That man's name is Black Lion. We can use some help from him. But before all, we need to find him first." 

"I'm down." A devious smirk curving up my lips.

"No one touches my future daughter-in-law," Papa smirks, mirroring my own.

He's right.

No one touches my Hanni.

𖨆𖨆𖨆

This dimly lit bar is a scene straight out of a gritty noir film—worn-out furniture and faint smell of stale alcohol hanging in the air. 

Haerin enters the door with me, our presence brings curious glances despite the shabby surroundings. We scan the whole room, searching for the exact target.

Until we notice the lone figure in the corner—a man with a faux hawk haircut and a lion tattoo on his shoulder, nursing a bottle of wine. His eyes widen with surprise as we approach, catching him off guard.