14 | Chaos in Chicago

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I didn't lie to Hanni about managing business with my brother. Just, I didn't tell her about the bigger, more dangerous business I have to manage.

I want to track Lupo down and blow his head with my own hands.

No matter the cost.

I don't know for how long I'm going to be away from home, and for once, I actually care. Of course, I do. I have someone I truly care about there.

Hanni will be fine without me, right? I'm only away for a few days.

She's a grown woman, she doesn't need me in everything every single day. She doesn't need to see me when she wakes up or when she wants something for breakfast. Or when she wants someone to accompany her as she's watching movies. Or when she's asleep, she's fine without me wrapping her in my arms.

Goddamnit, Kim Minji, why do you care about her too much?

I release a sigh. It's been just half an hour since this flight flew but I'm already missing her. I bet she misses me too.

This is just the start. Of course I feel like this. As time goes by, it'll heal me. I won't think of her as much and only focus on my mission from now on.

I take revenge for her. I'll kill for Pham Hanni. And only after my enemies and her enemies are dead, she finally can live peacefully.

I take my phone out, then slide the screen with my thumb. A smirk tugs at the corner of my lips as I open my gallery apps, searching for a picture of her that I keep.

The private plane soars through the clouds. The interior exudes elegance, with plush leather seats arranged in a spacious layout. Soft ambient lighting casts a warm glow across the cabin, illuminating the polished wood paneling and tasteful décor. The air is infused with a faint scent of jasmine, adding to the atmosphere of tranquility.

My papà takes a sip of his favorite scotch before settling into the comfortable seat beside me. His demeanor is relaxed. A faint smile plays on his lips as he enjoys the smooth drink. The clink of ice against glass punctuates the quiet hum of the plane's engines, creating a soothing rhythm.

"I can't believe you finally found someone after all these cold years." Papà's husky voice brimming with excitement. "The thing that I like the most about you is, you never break the rule I set."

"No matter what happens, we'll never harm women and children." I say the motto of our family. The motto that has been ours for years. The motto that I've never broken.

He nods, satisfied with my response. "I'm looking forward to your marriage, my beloved daughter. You and Hanni will always have my blessings." His words wash over me like a gentle wave as he gulps down his scotch.