9 | Secret Lovers

𝐇𝐚𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐇𝐚𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The sound of a door cracking open interrupts my peaceful sleep. I frown and stir in bed, hoping I'll drive back to sleep right away.

Then I feel my bed's shrinking as a person slumps herself beside me. Who else could it be?

She nuzzles closer to me, wrapping her arms around me from behind. Hugging me tight like she always does.

It's not our first time doing something like this. It's been a long time since I've loved Danielle in secret. She loves to receive affection from me and I couldn't resist her.

"Hey." I call her, then turn to her to return her hug.

I kiss her head. She's in a bathrobe. Did she just bathe at this hour? The sweet flowery smell of her soap lingers in the air. My favorite scent of hers.

"You're alright?" Not a question she expects.

Of course, I do care about her. I don't want her to catch a cold. I hate seeing her sick. I care about her more than just in bed.

She hums, then nods.

"You're not catching a cold?" I press my palm on her forehead, feeling the heat of her body. She's fine.

"Haerin, you were in the rain too."

"I have a very strong immune system and you don't." I kiss her head, stroking her back with both hands.

"Strong immune system, my ass." She talks like I do with her.

I laugh.

"Then what do you want?" I ask. Straightforwardly.

"Isn't it obvious?" She purrs. Oh hell, now she's teasing me.

"Are you in the mood right now?"

"I'm in my ovulation phase."

Oh, hell no.

"I don't want to make you pregnant. Your sister won't like me."

She laughs. "Haerin, my sister is always wanting me with you. She thought I'm blind enough to see you like me."

"Really?"

She nods.

Our acts are more than good, then. Maybe in another universe we're actresses, not criminals.

"Do you want to... hmm..."

"Having you in bed right now? Yes." She snips me off.

"To tell others our relationship? We can't hide forever. Especially from Minji."

"If you want to, I don't mind." She kisses my neck. "But we don't even know the status of our relationship yet. Whether we're fuck buddies or a couple."