10 | Dine in Heaven

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

In front of the ornate mirror, I adjust the sleek lines of my dark blue suit. The black fabric clings to my frame in all the right places, accentuating my stature. Each movement is deliberate as I smooth out any creases and ensure every button is perfectly aligned.

I retrieve the luxurious dark blue tie from the dresser. Its smooth silk glides effortlessly between my fingers as I loop it around my neck. With a deft twist and pull, I form a neat, symmetrical knot, then adjust it until it sits just right against the crisp black collar of my shirt. Stepping back, I admire the elegant finish—the deep blue hue adds a touch of sophistication to my appearance.

Then, I reach for the bottle of Absolu Aventus Creed. The scent permeates the air with its rich, intoxicating aroma. I can't help but pause. The fragrance is just perfection. I breathe in deeply, each spritz allowing the scent to grow excitement in me.

Fourteen days have passed since Hanni's here. Tonight, she's going to meet my parents. She recovered and we had practiced enough. Everything went perfectly as planned.

My phone buzzes. I take a look at the screen and realize I got a call from my informant.

"Mr. Black."

"Lupo is in Chicago now. Dealing with human trafficking, specifically prostitution."

"Mind to be more specific?"

"I'll send you the exact location. Find this girl named Claire. She can help." That's all he says before abruptly ending the call.

I make my way down the grand staircase. My heart is racing with each of the steps. I'm going to have dinner with Hanni tonight, how can I not feel this happy?

But what greets me in the living room stops me dead in tracks.

Hanni and Hyein's laughter filled the air. They sit across from each other, engrossed in a game of chess.

Hyein makes a move on the board. Hanni responds with another peal of laughter after Hyein says something.

Shit. What the fuck is Hyein thinking?

Wait. Doesn't Hyein want someone who's her shoulder's height? Soft and warm-hearted? If she's not good at handling guns or cooking, she is okay with it?

That's totally Hanni. Her ideal type is Hanni.

"What the hell are you doing?" I chime in, standing right beside Hanni.

They both glance up at me, their laughter only intensifying. What's so funny?

Hyein smirks, then quips, "Oh, hey, Min. Can't believe your girl is this funny. Where do I find someone like her?"