11 | Under the Moonlight

𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I yawn. Today is such a long day. I can't believe I've been in this house for too long and haven't killed Minji yet. Not that I have anywhere else to go or want to kill her either.

Not anymore.

She's a good person. I can't deny that. There's part of me that wishes it wasn't her, that believes it never is her. But I already vowed to Carl. I have to do it, no matter what it takes. I'm just not sure how yet.

Minji accompanies me to my room that belongs downstairs, the room where I've received all the hospitality from her for the last few days. She carries my handbag without a word—a simple yet meaningful act that showcases her deep consideration.

Suddenly, a voice breaks the silence, pulling us both out of our thoughts. It's Minji's mother, her face shows confusion and suspicion.

"Where are you both going?" Mrs. Kim crosses her arms over her chest, her eyes fixed on Minji with a piercing gaze.

Minji seems unsure, her Adam's apple bobbing with anxiety as she tries to find the right words. "I'm accompanying Hanni to her room," she answers, her voice lacking confidence.

Mrs. Kim narrows her eyes, disapproval evident as she addresses Minji. "You still let her sleep in that guest room?" Her words carry a weight of disappointment.

I can see the fear flicker in Minji's eyes, like a child caught in the act of misbehaving. Despite the seriousness of the situation, I can't help but find Minji's vulnerability endearing.

How can someone so evil be so cute?

"Well, she prefers that," Minji replies, her gaze fixed on the floor. 

"Seriously? Did I teach you to treat a girl like this?" Mrs. Kim's demeanor exudes a sharp tone, portraying motherly frustration.

Minji slumps her shoulders, showing the face of a scolded child. It takes everything to suppress a giggle at the sight of her like this.

"But Hanni wants to—"

"She sleeps with you in your room tonight. No exceptions."

Minji opens her mouth to protest, but Mrs. Kim cuts her off with an authoritative gaze. We both know there's no arguing when she's made up her mind.

Minji turns to me, her eyes filled with concern. "Do you want to, tesoro?"

I flash her a reassuring smile. "Actually, I don't mind at all."

In truth, it's part of my plan to spend the night with her. So I can try killing her before tomorrow morning.

I lean in closer, whispering in her ear. "It's better to be safe than sorry. Let me sleep in your room tonight, so your mother won't have any suspicions."