Hidden Depth

●●●●●●●

Y/n was sitting on the kitchen counter, legs dangling as she watched Yuna making her yummiest blueberry pancakes. It was noon, and Taehyung left early today. She smiled remembering how he woke her up in the morning, just to tell her that he would be back soon. It was his lame excuse for stealing his typical morning kiss from her.

"You look happiest I have ever seen you Y/n," Yuna suddenly spoke up, catching Y/n's attention.

"I mean since I've known you. You look happier these days," Yuna added.

Y/n's smile broadened hearing her and instantly the thoughts of him invaded her mind. Like her happiness and he was no different things. Now, even his thoughts alone made the butterflies in her tummy flutter rapidly.

"Hmm.. I'm happiest with him," She admitted, shifting her gaze to her lap, blushing. Yuna tittered, taking a quick glance at her.

"I'm sure Mr. Kim feels the same. I'm happy that he has you in his life, now," Yuna said, making Y/n blush more. Yuna's laughed watching her reaction and continued working while Y/n got lost in thoughts of him.

A smile graced her soft features as she recalled all the yesterday's moments. She was thinking about him when memories of that night flashed in her mind. Her smile instantly dropped remembering his tears. She looked at Yuna who was indulged in her work. Yuna should know something.

"Aunt Yuna. Can I ask you something?" She asked and Yuna hummed.

"Do you know something about Taehyung's past. I mean the kind of people he used to hang out with."
Yuna arched her brows at her question.

"No. I'm just a maid Y/n. I'm no one to meddle in my master's life," She stated the matter of fact.
Y/n's shoulders slouched down at her words.

"How long have you been working for him?" Y/n threw another question.

"Umm may be more than 10 years. I used to work for Mrs. Kim but she sent me here for you," She told her. Y/n pondered for a while and asked again.

"Do you know anything about an important girl in his life? Someone may be a very close friend or someone significant to him." She queried further.

"A girl? Why do you ask that?" Yuna frowned.

Y/n shrugged, dropping her gaze at the counter as she suddenly felt a mix of emotions inside.

"Just random questions. I thought he might have had anyone he used to love before I cam -"
She didn't get to complete her words when she heard Yuna chuckling like she had cracked some joke. Y/n looked up in surprise.

"Y/n. I don't think he ever loved anyone else before you. He has always kept his distance from people. But I think you're different for him. You just somehow managed to bring out a side of him that no one knew. He cares for you so much." Yuna assured her gently.

Y/n sighed hearing her and went quiet. Her gaze aimlessly fixed on the pan on the stove as she though about Yuna's words.

"Can you tell me how was he like before. I mean how he used to behave before I come," She asked slowly making Yuna give her brief, questioning glance

"Well, what's got you digging into his past today, huh?" Yuna asked, arching her brows. Y/n sighed and decided to tell her,

"He had a scary dream two days ago. He woke up and he was sweating, his body was cold and very weak. He was acting weird. I don't know why he was getting aggressive and pushing me -