Done Pretending?

●●●●●●●

"My wife,"

A rush of cold shivers ran across Y/n's whole back, and her throat went dry. His deep, hoarse voice was lacing with raspiness and tiredness. For a brief moment, everything and everyone around them faded into the background as his gaze remained fixed on her, still unchanging.

He stared at her like he had recognized her but to him.. she was nothing.. Nothing to him, which made Y/n feel a deep hollowness inside her stomach. Her palms clutched more tightly, almost pricking her soft flesh with her own nails as his dark, empty gaze refused to leave her

"Thank you so much, doctor!!"

Everyone started exclaiming, breaking both of their trance as Hyejin came forward, making Y/n step back and tear her gaze away from him.

Smiles spread across everyone's faces, their hearts brimmed with extreme happiness. The doctors checked his vitals and let out a relieved sigh.

"He is out of danger. His vitals are returning to normal.. All he needs to do is rest and eat healthy. He will be perfectly fine soon.." The doctor assured everyone with a warm smile and turned towards Taehyung.

"And Mr. Kim. I must say, you're a strong man to overcome such a severe accident. Now, don't stress yourself. Take rest.." The doctor smiled before leaving the room.

Everyone's eyes were glossy looking at him. The doctor and staff departed one by one leaving the family alone.

"How are you, Tae?" Hyejin asked with teary eyes, palming his face, being careful not to hurt him. She tried to smile but couldn't hide her tears.

Taehyung nodded weakly. Hyejin smiled and leaned to kiss his forehead as he closed his eyes. A tear escaped from Y/n's eyes, watching their sweet interaction from behind everyone while feeling huge relief washing over her heart.

"You scared the shit out of me, man," Jisoo exclaimed, wiping her tear with a laugh trying to lighten up everyone's mood as everyone chuckled at her words.

"Of course, and now, looks like you'll get Mom's more attention than you already do.. After all, you're her favorite.." Jin said, though anyone could clearly see the glossiness in his eyes.

Y/n smiled through her tears as she watched everyone talking to him. He was silently listening to their playful conversation as everyone was trying to divert his attention from the physical pain. Y/n exhaled a deep sigh and wiped her tears, looking down when suddenly something clicked in her mind. Her gaze instantly scanned her surroundings.. everyone was present inside the room except that one figure.

Jungkook pressed the elevator button but after mere two seconds of waiting for it to open, he clenched his jaw in frustration and allowed his feet to take the stairs as he was desperately wanting to leave as soon as possible.

"Already leaving.. "

His steps halted as he felt a hand wrapping around his forearm. That soft voice and tender touch made him aware of whom to that voice belonged. He turned around and his dark brown orbs met with her sparkly doe eyes.

"Without even a proper good bye?" She asked, a hint of disappointment in her voice. Jungkook's expression remained cold and distant as he responded,