Chapter 36

The path unfolded before us, winding through the serene landscape that cradled the hidden oasis. As we ventured deeper into the heart of nature, I couldn't help but appreciate the beauty that surrounded us—the emerald hues of the forest, the gentle rustling of leaves, the cracking of our steps on the snow and the distant calls of woodland creatures brought a sense of much needed tranquility. As we approached a towering cabin nestled among the tall trees, the crisp mountain air filled our lungs.

This is where we would spend the night, Tulin detailing the various amenities offered at this picturesque resort. As we came in, a cozy room adorned with rustic decor awaited us, complete with a dining table full of food positioned near a crackling fireplace. This particular residence, a haven of familial warmth and history, had been passed down through generations and now belonged to the elected mayor, who upheld the legacy of opening its doors to welcome family guests. Tulin led us inside and revealed that his father had taken special care to ensure our stay would be impeccable. Every detail had been attended to, all orchestrated to express gratitude for our assistance.

During our meal, the atmosphere was filled with Tulin's stories and laughter, acting as a balm, momentarily easing the tension that had gripped us during recent trials. It was a welcome distraction, a chance to momentarily set aside the weight of our quests. Link, known for his reserved demeanor, seemed to find solace in the camaraderie that enveloped us. His usually serious countenance softened, and his eyes, typically weary and alert, now held a subtle hint of peace. Frequently, his gaze would wander in my direction, the intensity of his stare lingering for moments, a conduit for emotions too complex to articulate.

With a satisfied grin, Tulin polished off the last bite of his meal, barely containing his excitement to jump in the water. He shot up from his seat like a spring, ready to dive headfirst into the hot springs. However, Link gently reminded him to take it slow since he had just finished eating. Jumping around like that with a full stomach and getting in the water afterwards wasn't safe, his demeanor carrying the warmth of a protective older brother.

Caught in the act of nodding along with Link's sensible words, Tulin's enthusiasm deflated like a balloon losing its air. Reluctantly, he trudged towards the stairs, a pout on his face revealing his disappointment. He was still going to get ready to make a splash, but he would now be taking his sweet time.

Luckily for us, the bag Teba had given me contained clothes for both Link and I, allowing us to fully cleanse ourselves. I excused myself and went for the bathroom, wanting some privacy as I eagerly stripped some layers of clothing into something acceptable for bathing, the promise of relaxation lifting my spirits. Emerging from the bathroom, I found the cabin draped in a tranquil stillness, no one to be found. I decided to make my way outside, and as I approached the hot spring, the air grew warmer, and the soothing steam rose from the crystalline waters. The sight of the tranquil oasis promised not only physical rejuvenation but also a cleansing of the mind, a chance to immerse into the healing embrace of nature.

Stepping closer to the water, my eyes widened at the sight of Link already immersed in the hot spring, his shirt discarded at the side, leaving him clad only in underpants. The steam rising from the spring created an almost mystical aura around him, accentuating the contours of his relaxed form. A momentary flustered hesitation seized me as I observed the water droplets tracing a glistening trail from his hair down his exposed torso. It was only then that I realized how much of an intimate setting we had found ourselves in. The allure of the warm waters proved too tempting, I forced myself to ignore my thoughts, and with a graceful entry, I submerged myself into the comforting embrace of the soothing spring, a sigh escaping my lips.

The feeble attempt at nonchalance was short-lived. Link, perceptive as ever, sensed my presence almost immediately and turned his attention toward me as I made my way into the water. His gaze, attentive and curious, followed my every move, heightening the awareness of our shared space. As he began to make his way toward me, the tension in the air intensified with each deliberate step he took. Leaning against the edge of the hot spring, I desperately tried to divert my focus on anything but the handsome figure inching closer, his presence turning the once serene environment into a stage for unexpected antics. The steamy ambiance of the hot spring enveloped us, his confident approach injecting a spark of anticipation and unpredictability into the atmosphere.