Chapter 18-You Better Fin Up!

And here comes trouble ;D Hope you all enjoy ^-^ Although I do have to say that I am LOVING Taylor's Sea Slang so far xD

And if you guys can place the quote from which movie the GIF is from above, it just so happens to be my boyfriend's favorite which I think is absolutely adorable xD

<><><><><>

I woke up the next morning in Jarrod's arms, and I couldn't have been happier that he had stayed with me just like he said he would.  Although now I had to get ready for school.  After getting dressed in my uniform and pecking Jarrod on the forehead, allowing him to sleep a while longer, I headed downstairs to find Cam sprawled out asleep on the couch, one leg hanging over the back and one arm slung over the armrest to graze the ground.  I merely chuckled and readjusted his position so that he was more comfortable.

I grabbed my bag and pink headband--Kelpi settling himself on it as a Ladybug as usual--and entered the kitchen.  Dad was making 'coffee', already in a navy blue suit dressed for work.  He merely raised an eyebrow over at me before taking a sip from his 'mug'.  "It looks like it might rain later today," he finally broke the silence, giving me a serious look, "if it does, call me immediately and I'll go pick you up."

I nodded and went up to peck his cheek.  "Thanks, dad.  Bye!"  I rushed out the door and raced down the sidewalk where I would meet up with Brietta.  Brianna usually got rides from her boyfriend, Luke, so Brietta had promised to walk with me to school because of it.  I slowed my pace as my thoughts drifted.  Luke.  I wonder if Brianna had told him?  Could he be trusted, though?  I frowned then as a sudden memory resurfaced.  Why did Phoenix seem to hate Luke so much that day he was glaring across the gym at him during orientation?  I sighed.  Looks like another whirlpool in my head again.

"Taylor!"

I looked over to my right where the 'road' met the 'sidewalk' to see Luke pull up alongside me in his truck that kind of resembled Phoenix's, just in a different color of a dark blue topaz.  I blinked in surprise when Brianna leaned over from the 'passenger' side, gesturing to the backseat.  "Get in loser, we're going shopping."  I blinked in confusion.

"But, we have school?" I asked slowly with a curious frown, and the back window rolled down to reveal Brietta sitting in the backseat.

"It's a joke, Taylor," Brietta answered on a laugh, "it's a phrase from Brianna's favorite movie that she's been dying to use."

"Oh," I laughed fishily as Brietta opened the truck's back door for me.  I hastily hopped in and closed the door behind me, Luke pulling back out onto the 'road' heading for school.  "So, why give me a ride to school?" I asked while curiously looking up at Luke in the 'rear view' mirror.  Thanks to Brietta still teaching me about the Human world, I was gradually learning how to identify things for what they were.

Brietta shrugged.  "Brianna had offered me a ride to school with her and Luke, and since I know you don't have a phone, I asked him if he could stop by your walking route to give you a ride as well."

"Oh," I turned to look at Luke's bright green eyes reflected in the mirror, "thank you, Luke."

He smiled.  "It was no problem, Tay."

"So, how did things go with Jarrod?" Brietta asked eagerly, and I immediately felt my face burn at the memories of what we did last night.  "Ooh, you better fin up, girl!"

I laughed at her Sea Slang term for 'spill' that she had obviously learned from Kate, but whispered in her ear all the things that had happened between me and my Sea Shifter Match-Up since I still wasn't sure if Luke knew about Brianna or not.  Brianna herself had leaned back to hear me speak as well, and both twin girls squealed once I had finished.  "You've definitely got guts, Tay," Brianna smirked proudly at me as I blushed deeply from the remark.