Chapter 6-Bean Bag Chair.

Image of Mary's Red Mermaid Tail above :P

<><><><><>

The day went on without any more incidents happening to me, and I was even more grateful that Brietta had no problem knowing what I was.  She would constantly ask me about life under the Sea, though, and I found it quite amusing.  We both sat in our last class together, far in the back in the 'desks' so that we could talk without the 'teacher' overhearing us.  It's kind of ironic how this morning I had been the curious one, but now the roles were reversed.

"So what's it like?" Brietta asked me with a wide smile on her face as I chuckled quietly.

"It's quiet.  Not much goes on, but I always manage to make the most of it with my friends," I grinned from ear-to-ear at the mention of everyone under the Sea, and realized that I was starting to miss them even though it's barely been a day.

Brietta gaped.  "There's more of you?"

I nodded.  "Plenty more.  Although since I'm part of the fourth Kingdom, I don't really visit the other Royals in their own Kingdoms as much."

"Wow," Brietta breathed and kept pestering me with more questions as I smiled along with her and answered them the best I could.

The bell soon rang, signaling the end of the day as both Brietta and I left the building, walking alongside each other as we kept talking about Merfolk and the Human world.  Then it was my turn to ask a question, "Hey, Bree?"

"Yeah?" Bree looked up from taking pictures of the things around us as she turned to face me, Kelpi now shifted into the golden Lab from before and was currently walking between us.  Brietta didn't seem to mind him anymore.

"I was wondering," I trailed off, before shaking my head to clear it, and continuing, "will you teach me all about the Human world?"

Bree frowned over at me.  "Why?  Don't you know anything?"

I shook my head sadly.  "No, I spent most of my life under the Sea, so I never really got to spend more than a few days with my dad on Land.  And I never learned all that much here, either," I admitted rather sheepishly, and looked up at her.

Brietta chuckled and dropped her camera back around her neck.  "Sure.  Oh, and another question.  Why do you talk like you're a, um," Bree searched for the right word, and I giggled.

"Like a fish?" Bree gave a sheepish grin, and I laughed and shook my head.  "It's my Sea Slang.  It always happens to slip in when I'm talking, though, so that's why people say I talk funny.  But in the Under Sea, it's normal for us."

Bree nodded.  "Wow.  I bet it's cool being a Mermaid."

I smiled.  "Maybe you could come with me the next time I decide to visit home."

Brietta's eyes bulged out of her head.  "Is that really possible?"

I nodded.  "Being Royalty has its flips.  Plus I had to study up on all the things Mer could use whenever visiting Land and making Human friends."

Bree nodded in understanding.  "So how will I be able to go with you then?  I can't breathe underwater."

"With a certain Seaweed, you can.  It's really rare to find, but it's edible and allows you to stay underwater for several hours at a time," I explained, and Bree squealed in delight while bouncing up and down excitedly.

"Oh, I can't wait!  This is going to be so awesome!"  I laughed at my new friend's reaction as I then explained to her that I had gotten a job at Books and Things and was heading there now since I start work today.  "Oh, I know that place.  It's my favorite bookstore.  I could help you out if you want?"