Chapter 12-Bond Mates.

Image above is of Queen Michelle Aurelia--Taylor's mother--Ocean Blue Mermaid Tail :P

So half new/half old xP

<><><><><>

After getting Brietta a teal blue-green tail from the Tail Market, it took her some time to stop gushing over the fact that she looked like a real Mermaid now and had to learn how to swim with it.  Since it was natural instinct for us born Merfolk, Humans adjusting their legs to swim together was rather difficult, so Brietta mainly just clung to Andrew's shoulders and would lightly kick her new tail every now and then even though Andrew was doing all the tail work.  He didn't seem to mind, though.

After that, we headed to the Palace.  I knew my mom would be waiting for us, and as we approached, the Palace guards recognized me right away, hauling open the doors to the Main Hall as I led my party of friends through the tremendous halls and into the Throne Room.  The guard positioned outside the doors pushed them open once they spotted me, allowing me and my friend's passage.  Mom was floating before her Throne speaking with two other Merman Guards when they suddenly bowed at the waist once they spotted me.  Mom turned and grinned widely once she saw me.  Flicking her Ocean blue tail as she swam over to meet us halfway, her bright green shell bra a pale contrast to my own Mer features, although her long matching bright red hair was tied back in a tight bun with her crown perched on the crest of her head.

"Taylor!" Mom greeted me and swam forward as she embraced me in a gill-wrenching hug.  I smiled and hugged her back.

"Hi, mom."  I squeezed her back before pulling away from her, gesturing over my shoulder towards Brietta.  "This is my new Human friend, Brietta Nikols.  We just went to get her a tail from the Tail Market," I introduced, and my mother smiled before flicking her tail and going over to greet my new friend.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Brietta," mom grinned and shook Brietta's nervous hand as she smiled sheepishly up at the Queen, her other hand still gripped firmly on Andrew's shoulder.  I grinned.  "And that tail suits you.  I'm just glad my idea for the Market came in handy."

I chuckled.  "Well, mom, I'm gonna show her around some more, alright?  We just came by to say hi."

Mom smiled softly and nodded.  "Alright, but be careful."  Mom looked pointedly at Kate and Mary.  "You'll protect the Princess, won't you?"

Mary bowed at the waist, flicking her tail to stay afloat.  "Of course, Your Majesty."  Kate bowed as well.

I placed my hands on Mary's shoulders and playfully added, "She is my personal bodyguard, mom."  Mom laughed as Mary swatted at me with her tail, but didn't deny my statement.

"Have fun.  I hope you visit us again soon, Brietta," Mom smiled widely over at my Human friend, and she grinned back with a small nod.

"Bye, mom," I waved goodbye to the Queen, grinning over my shoulder at her as I began to follow my friends out of the Throne Room, before stopping short and swimming back to her, opening my mouth to speak when she beat me to it, "I know what you're going to ask already, and yes, I feel it, too.  And I don't like it.  It's causing the people great distress since we can all feel it."

"Do you know what it is?"  I frowned, swishing my tail gently in order to stay afloat.

My mother shook her head sadly.  "I'm afraid not, but until I do, be careful."  I nodded once and quickly pecked her cheek before meeting up with my friends, Kelpi sticking close to my side as the rest of my friends' Sea Shifters did the same.

"So where are we headed to now?" Brietta asked curiously while flicking her new temporary tail in order to keep up with us, Andrew clutching her hand to help her steady herself.  I found myself smiling constantly over at them, Eliza letting out a few loose giggles every now and then as Andrew would just glare over at her every time she did.  I can only imagine what he was thinking of for causing Eliza to laugh so much.