Chapter 20

YO, I'M BACK!!!!

Let's start,

Avneet's pov

"Hello, my name is Kate and I'll be your waiter this afternoon. Can I get you a drink to start with?" Jai got a Coke, Sumedh got Dr. Pepper,  Abhishek got water and I did as well, "what can I get you hot stuff?" Kate asked Siddharth. I felt Siddharth's hand squeeze mine, "water", he said not even looking at her.

She nodded, "I'll be right back with your drinks," and she left.

We had a short conversation, it was mainly guys talking and me making comments here and there. Soon Kate came back with our drinks.

"Is everyone ready to order?" everyone nodded

We started to tell her what we wanted off the menu. When she got to me she gave me a dirty look that made me squeeze Siddharth's hand. I was not only getting dirty looks at school but also restaurants as well. I felt his thumb start to run across my knuckles. I told her my order and she turned to Siddharth.  She batted her fake lashes at him, "What would you like sugar?" I saw Jai's fake gag out of the corner of my eye. I covered my mouth with my hand trying to hold in my laugh.

"I'll have what he's having," Siddharth said pointing at Abhishek. He wasn't even looking at her. "Okay I'll be with you in a moment," she said grabbing the menus and walking away.

All of a sudden my phone rang.

"Hello," I said which made Siddharth's hand tighten around mine.

"Hey, sweetie,"

"Oh Dad I didn't expect you to call," I said kinda confused.

"Yeah well, I haven't heard from you in the past couple of days and I wanted to know if everything was okay," he said.

"Yeah everything's fine," I  said honestly.

"Well, that's good. I'm sorry I've been working more than usual I'm trying to get a day off so it can be like you and me day,"

"Okay, sounds great, how was-"

"I would like to stay and chat but I have to get back to work love you bye," and he hung up.

I frowned. I always hated how our conversations were short and how he only called me after not hearing from me for a while. I mean if you had a daughter and she didn't answer your calls or text messages wouldn't you try to call the house phone or send someone to check in on them or something?

I feel like me and my father don't have that father-daughter relationship. It just seems like he's another person nowadays. I feel that's harsh but that's how I feel.

I looked over at Siddharth to see what he was doing only for me to find out he was looking at me. He looked concerned but there wasn't a need to be, "it was my dad," I said putting my phone back in the pocket of the sweatshirt.

"Why did he call?"

"He wanted to see if everything was okay since he hasn't heard from me in a couple of days," I said.

He frowned, "he hasn't heard from you in a couple of days and he decides to call you now?"

"Yeah,"

Siddharth scoffed but didn't say anything else about it and focused back on the guys. Soon after the food came and we all ate. My burger was fantastic, and it had this special sauce on it that was die for.  After we finished eating we got the bill and Siddharth paid for me although I was really against it I knew I could make it up to him when we go food shopping in a couple of days.

When we gave Kate the bill she slipped Siddharth a napkin which I'm guessing had her number on it. I was expecting him to put the napkin in his pocket but he shocked me when he just crumbled up the paper right infront of her and tossed it on the table. Her face was priceless!

"Come on Avneet there's someone I want you to meet," he stood up and grabbed onto my hand completely ignoring Kate and pulled me from the booth with the guys following behind him. He was walking straight to the kitchen which made me frown, "Siddharth I don't think we are allowed back there," I whispered but he didn't respond, he just kept walking.

When we entered the kitchen it was busy. Some people were shouting orders and others were making food. He pulled us through the kitchen which confused me I mean we shouldn't be back here why wasn't anyone saying anything to us?

When we came to a stop at the end of the kitchen there was a door that said office. He knocked on it and a small come in was heard. He opened the door, the room was in fact, a small office with a couch in the corner, including a desk, two chairs facing the desk and filling cabinets siting behind a desk was a woman and a man was standing right next to her both in their mid-50s maybe 60s.

They both looked up and smiled, "well if it isn't my grandson," the woman said getting up from her seat and walking over to Siddharth. Siddharth let go of my hand and hand and hugged what I'm guessing is his grandma.

"I haven't seen you in so long, look how much you've grown," she said breaking the hug, Siddharth smiled down at his grandma, "you saw me like 3 weeks ago, I haven't changed since then," he said.

She scuffed, "oh please you look like you're glowing," she said causing the boys to chuckle.

"Oh and you brought the boys," she gave each of them a hug and then looked down at me.

"Oh my heavens Siddharth Nigam brought a girl with him, look at her she's so beautiful," I blushed at her compliment and she pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back, her hug felt motherly which was something I wasn't used to.

She pulled away, "I'm Rashi Nigam, Siddharth's grandmother, but you can call me grandma," she said. She was about 5'6 with brown straight hair that reached her shoulders and green eyes, "This is Aman my husband and Siddharth's grandfather," he was about an inch shorter than Siddharth with black hair and brown eyes, his grandfather came over and we shook hands, "its pleasure to meet you both, I'm Avneet,"

"Avneet?" grandma said looking over at Siddharth and then she gasped, "oh my gosh you're the Avneet Siddharth's been talking about since freshman year," she said excitedly, "you look even more beautiful than he described,"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

So that's all for today, I've been so busy lately due to my boards.I hope you guys like the chapter I know it was boring but more interesting chapters are on the way so please vote and comment.

Till then stay tuned.

bye guys..