Imagine - Prom

"Do you have a prom date y/n?" Zoe asks, while talking with all of our friends. I shake my head.

"No, I don't. sadly." I look around in the coffee shop, hoping to find Brady. I mean, he isn't my boyfriend, or even my friend, but he's nice to look at. And really funny. And really nice.

Zoe already got asked by her boyfriend who was besides her, holding her by the waist.

"Just wait y/n. The prom is in one week, you still have time!" She tries to reassure me, but only half listen to her. I've always wanted to go to prom with a perfect boy, and a perfect dress. I know that it seems girly and childish, but I really want to.

I sigh and walk into the school. People left and right, all of them already have prom dates. I feel desperate, and will literally ask my brother to go with me.

Walking slowly, I get to my class, and sit down in the third row. I have no friends in my class, and I just reread my notes until the teacher comes. I can everybody talking, probably exited about the volleyball match happening right after this class. It's a special day, the teachers cut our school, and we end at 2 pm, to see the volley match!

Everybody is so hyped, including myself, since it's the first time in 10 years that our schools been in the finals championship. I smile, remembering Brady was playing. I was supposed to me my friends in the gymnasium, after getting snacks right next to the school.

An hour passes, and I can say the science class was painfully boring. I walk out frustrated, rushing to the gymnasium.

When I get there, the gym is PACKED. All of the high school students were here, impatiently waiting for the championship. I see Zoe waving to our seats. She got us front row seats, since she was the school photographer, and needed to take pictures for the yearbook. I run to her, and she takes me in for a big hug.

"You ready to stare at Brady for a whole hour?" She whispers, smiling in my ear. I scoff, and jokingly smack her arm, her laughing. "That's not even true!" I try to sound offended, but she obviously knows it isn't true. James, her boyfriend is gone, probably getting snacks for her and me. The crowd is awfully loud, but I can't seem to mind it when Brady walks on the court.

Everyone cheers, and screams, when Brady's team gets on the court. I can hear in my eardrums GO EAGLES! Really really loud.

Just as the game is about to start, James comes back and we take our places for the match. The volley is team is filled with adrenaline, and the crowd just seems to cheer on and on, making everything louder.

TIME SKIP

Half an hour in, we're losing by 3 points. The school spirit is still strong, but the team has lost courage. They keep playing, and when they win a point, I swear, Brady keeps looking at me. I then realised, no, he isn't looking at me, but rather at the enormous camera right next to me, in Zoe's hand.

*BUZZ* I get up and clap, as does the crowd. The eagles scored a point, and if they get two more points, they win the championship. Same feeling, Brady and I making eye contact for half a second.

I'm delusional.

Finally after A LOT of anticipation, I hear the buzzer and WE WIN!! Everyone rushes to the team, and scream. I clap, and cheer, laughing, because I can't even see our team that won, or Brady.

I should probably tell him congratulations, that would be nice of me. I walk to the middle of the court, engulfed with high schoolers celebrating and jumping. I try to get past the circle, and notice Brady holding a sign.

I frown, and squint. On the sign, is says "Prom with me?" I look around, trying to catch the girl he's looking for. I'm a little crushed, but I'm happy for his girlfriend. Yeah. I am happy.

I look around, but I can't see anybody. I then hear shouting: "Y/N! Y/N!" I look around me, confused as to why they're shouting my name.

I turn back to Brady, and he's looking at me. Me? Me!

He walks up to me, smiling, and sweaty. I'm in shock, so I don't say anything.

"Y/n, will you go to prom with me?" He asks, and from the corner of my eye, I can see zoe filming the whole thing.

I smile, shocked by what he's asking me. My heart is beating so fast, and I think I might be as red as a tomato.

"So?" He asks again, still smiling. The crowd is surrounding us, and I answer:

"Yes! Of course!" I shout, and run into him. He drops his sign, and takes me in for a big hug. I hug him tight, and he breaks away.

He whispers in my ear, so the crowd doesn't hear: "I'm really glad you said yes y/n." I blush, and he takes my hand, and starts to run. We get past the crowd, and out the gym doors. I laugh dumbly, not wanting this moment to end.

We get outside, and we just look at eachother in the eyes. I look at his lips, and he place his hand behind my ear.

"You're so beautiful y/n." And takes me in for a kiss. His lips are soft, and he tastes like mint toothpaste, not knowing why.

We make out for the next minute or so, and I break away.

"Thanks Brady." I smile so much it hurts. " I uh, have to go home but you'll call me?" I ask him, walking away.

"Will do. Bye y/n." He waves, and I turn to my car so happy I might barf.

———————-
Thanks for reading guys! Nearly 200 reads, I'm so grateful!
Give me some suggestions if you have any!!