Imagine - Waitlisted

Connie baby🤫

Hey y/n what
Are you doing rn?

Homework why?

I think you should come
Over

Why? Smt wrong?

Brady's been in his room
for an hour now
And he doesn't want to
talk to anybody

I'll come over

Thanks y/n
Read 6:45pm

I frown at the message Connor sent me. What's wrong with Brady? I put down my phone and start getting ready to go to the Noon's house.

I tell my parents where I'm going and head out to walk. Brady doesn't live far away from my house, so I only have to walk 10 minutes. The cold breeze hits me in the face and I start to shiver. I walk quickly, texting Brady.

I walk up to their front door and Connor answers.

"Hey y/n, I'm glad your here." I smile kindly whilst hugging him.

I take off my shoes and my coat. "He still hasn't come down?" I ask and Connor shakes his head.

"He's locked his door." I nod and head upstairs.

I walk down the hallway and stand in front of Brady's door. You hesitate before knocking, and start to talk first.

"Hey Bray, it's me. I was wondering if I could come in?" I ask in a gentle tone. My words are met with silence, but I suddenly hear the door unlocking. I wait a few moments before opening the door and I step in.

The room is a mess. I know Brady, and he keeps his room somewhat clean, normally. I look around his room, and I find all his UCLA posters ripped of the wall. I see the picture I took of him playing volleyball shredded to pieces.

Brady is sitting upright on the bed, his face in his hands. I approach him slowly and sit next to him. He's start sobbing, and places his head on my thighs. I play with his hair, my whole body covering his.

"What happened?" I whisper. He doesn't answer right away, and get up from my lap. His eyes are bloodshot red, and swollen from crying. My heart breaks a little when I see him like that.

"I got waitlisted." Tears start to form in his eyes again, and I quickly hug him.

"Oh bray- I'm so sorry." I rub his back, his head on my shoulder.

"It's not fair. It's not fair. I'm one of the best players on the team, and I didn't get in."

"I know bray I know. But you still have a chance." I tell him softly.

"But maybe I don't. God im so stupid." He starts crying again, and we lie down on his bed.

"No you're not. You will get in, because you are so talented. And if you don't, that doesn't make you any less of a player." He nods.

"I feel like I'm letting my family down. Connor got into his dream university, and I'm nowhere."

"Brady look at me." He turns his eyes until he finds mine. I hold his face with my hands and start talking. "You are not letting anyone down. Your family is so proud of you, for everything that you are. They don't care about university. Right now, they are worried for you, because you're locked in your room."

He opens his mouth. "I'm not finished. You are amazing Brady. I love you, for everything that you are. Not a stupid school." I finish.

He smile's lightly and I plant a kiss on his lips.

"Thank you y/n. I love you." I smile and make myself comfortable in his arms. I play with his hair until he falls asleep. My face softens when I see him sleeping. He looks so gorgeous.

I quietly get up and head for the Noon's kitchen. Connor and his mom look worried and start asking questions.

"He'll be fine. He got waitlisted from UCLA." I tell them. Connors face softens.

"That's such a Brady move. He thinks he's failed the family I bet." Connor says. I nod letting out a chuckle.

"Yeah. But go easy on him okay? I have to go." Connor nods and tells me goodbye.

————————————

A short little one, since I've been so busy with finals. I hope you liked it!

Also, I might be starting a new Wattpad story with Brady. Tell me if yo you would be interested?? 

Anyways, thanks for reading my loves 😘😘 ily all so much and don't forget to vote!!

Do it👹👹👹