Chapter 1: Just a Dream

There he was. Standing in line at the coffee shop ordering his coffee. Goodness, he was beautiful. Clarissa couldn't help but stare. He was definitely a distraction as she was trying to do school work on her laptop and enjoy her own cup of coffee.

Clarissa tried to look away and continue her work. She took a sip of her iced caramel coffee and put in her headphones to distract herself.

"I wonder if he noticed that I was staring at him." She thought to herself as she tried to take her exam quiz.

With him on her mind, she decided to take her quiz another time cause the thought of him was too strong.

She packs up her laptop and gets ready to leave so she can go and focus properly on her test. She looked up from her seat, and looked at him again before leaving. This time, he was walking towards her table.

"Oh goodness. If he sits here, or near me, I don't even know what I would do."

"Is this seat taken?" He asks as he points at the seat across from Clarissa and flashes a smile.

"N-no. I was just about to head out anyway." She responded trying to stay calm and keep her cool.

"Oh, do you mind actually staying? My friend cancelled on me and I don't like to have my coffee alone." He asked shyly.

Clarissa looked at him with a slight blush on her face and nodded slightly.

They awkwardly looked at each other, as if one of them was trying to decide what to say.

"What kind of coffee did you get?" Clarissa asked him trying to break the silence.

"An Americano." He replied, twiddling his thumbs.

They continued small talk for about 15 minutes and started to leave the cafe.

"I'm this way." They both said pointing in opposite directions.

They both said our goodbyes and started walking opposite directions. Clarissa felt someone grab her arm gently to stop her. She turned around. It was him.

"My name is Hyunjin by the way." He said with another smile.

"I'm Clarissa." She replied kindly.

"It was nice to have coffee with you Clarissa. It was very nice to meet you." He leaned in and kissed her cheek. She couldn't help it, but she felt her face turn red like a tomato.