Chapter 45: "We Got Him"

Chan and Renee exit the elevator into the dorm with a hotel buggy carrying Renee's packed up stuff.

"So, I guess things went alright then?" Changbin asks, since he's the only one in the open living area.

"It went more than alright. She's moving in!" Chan says as Renee smiles at Changbin, grabbing stuff one by one off of the buggy. "Oh great. Another girl in the house." Changbin says sarcastically, playfully rolling his eyes. Renee sticks her tongue out at him as she continues to unpack her items. "It's going to be fine. All the girls get along, and the guys get along with the girls." Chan says. "That's because almost half of our group is dating those girls." Changbin says with a little bit of attitude, getting up from the couch. "Is someone jealous?" Chan asks Changbin with a pouty voice and a wink. Changbin playfully hits him on the shoulder. Chan laughs and starts to help Renee unpack her belongings.

"Where is everyone?" Chan calls out from his bedroom. Changbin walks to his room and stands in the doorway. "Seungmin and Jeongin are at the studio. Leeknow and Han went to the store. Hyunjin and Clarissa are at her doctors appointment. Felix and Izzy went out for the day." Changbin answers. Chan nods, "Okay."

"I hope I can be done with this sling." Clarissa sighs, sitting on the doctor's bed waiting for him to come back. "I hate how long it takes to get X-ray results back." Hyunjin walks to Clarissa and intertwines both of his hands into hers. "I think this will be your last appointment. It went really well last time. I can't wait for you to get it off either." He kisses her lips and rests his forehead on hers. They hear a knock, and the doctor enters. He puts the X-ray on the light screen and starts looking at it.

Hyunjins phone dings in his pocket. He pulls it out and sees a text from JYP.

Boss Man:
We have Dakota.

Hyunjin sits in the chair, just staring at his phone, his ears turned off to the conversation around him. His heart races with anger from reading his name. He starts to breathe heavy.

Hyunjin:
I will be there in about 30 minutes.

Hyunjin puts his phone away and takes some deep breaths to calm him down. He looks up to the doctor and Clarissa smiling. "Sorry, I had something that I had to deal with. How is she doing Dr. Cho?" Hyunjin asks, standing up from the chair to stand next to Clarissa. "She's perfectly healed now. She no longer needs to come to appointments and she can take her sling off. On another note, she doesn't need any physical therapy. Which is a miracle with the clavicle. She's very lucky." Dr. Cho smiles. "You two are free to go." The doctor exits the room.

Clarissa instantly takes off her sling and stretches. "Aahhh. Finally! No more stupid sling." She smiles at Hyunjin, who is smiling but not acting like his regular self. "Is everything okay? You seem somewhere else." She grabs his hand. "Yes Clary baby. I'm fine. There's just something that I have to do." He pulls out his phone and makes a phone call. "Hello. This is Hyunjin. Can you meet Clarissa outside and take her back to the dorm for me please?" He pauses as he listens to the man on the other line. "Thank you. How long until you're here?" He again pauses. "Okay cool. I'll see you in about five minutes." Hyunjin hangs up the phone and puts it in his pocket.

Clarissa looks at him with a questionable look. "I'm going to wait outside with you until the driver gets here. Then I got to go do what I need to do." He says helping her off of the doctor bed. "Where are you going?" She asks as him as they head for the exit of the building. "I'll explain it to you later. I don't want to say anything until I know more." Clarissa nods and they get outside. The driver pulls up and Hyunjin gives her a three second long kiss before she gets in the car. "I love you." He says to her, holding the car door open. "I love you." She responds with a smile. Hyunjins stomach fills with butterflies and he smiles as he closes the car door.

Hyunjin sighs. "Well, here goes nothing." He thinks to himself as he starts walking to the JYP building. His palms start sweating and his heart starts racing, knowing that he'll be seeing Dakota. The man that hurt and took advantage of his girlfriend. "I just got to say what I want to say, and be calm. I can't lash out. Even though I want to kill him." He thinks to himself.

He enters through the doors and gets in the elevator to go to JYPs office. He knocks on JYPs door. "Come in." He hears JYP on the other side of the door. Hyunjin enters the office and they bow at each other for a greeting. "Ah. Youre here for him aren't you." JYP says, folding his arms. Hyunjin nods. "I'll take you to him." Hyunjin nods again and follows JYP down the hall. They enter a conference room. A long oval table surrounded by chairs. Dakota sitting on the far end, head down on the table.

Hyunjins blood starts to boil at the sight of him. "Remember, you're here just to talk to him, no violence." JYP whispers to him as he exits the room. Hyunjin nods with a deep sigh as he sits at the other end of the table.

Hyunjin clears his throat. No response. He clears his throat louder. Dakota jumps up startled from being woken up. "Wow. I can't believe you're sleeping at a time like this." Hyunjin says with an attitude. Dakota looks at Hyunjin and recognizes him. Dakota jumps up from his chair and tries to make a run for it to the door. Hyunjin blocks him. "Really? You think it's going to be that easy?" Hyunjin laughs. "We need to talk before you leave." Hyunjin says, while he pulls up a chair and gestures Dakota to sit in it. Dakota still standing there, Hyunjin puts his hand on Dakota shoulder and pushes him into the seat. "There. Now everyone is all comfy right?" Dakota sinks into the seat.

"You know why I'm here don't you?" Hyunjin asks Dakota. Dakota shrugs. "Don't act like you don't know. I know what you did to Clary. Everyone knows. That's why you're here." Dakotas eyes widen. "What are they going to do to me?" Dakota asks quietly. "I don't know and I don't care. I told them that I wanted to see you first before they figured that out." A scared Dakota looks at a rageful Hyunjin.

"Why did you do it?" Hyunjin asks him. "You aren't good enough for her." He says shrugging. Hyunjin eyes widen as the anger fills him, he bites his lip. "Excuse me?! I was not the one that forced myself onto her. You don't know me. Who the fuck do you think you are?!" Hyunjin says with a tone and loud voice. Dakota sits up in his seat. "You don't know her! You don't know the things that she's been through. You're not even her type. She's always been into me." He says, yelling at Hyunjin. "I know her better than you! She doesn't even like you. Tch, You're a piece of trash."

Dakota stands up from his seat and punches Hyunjin in the eye. JYP rushes into the room as Hyunjin holds his eye, filled with hatred and anger. "It's time for you to go." JYP says, tightly grabbing Dakotas arm. "Wait." Hyunjin says. "I want to say one more thing." JYP nods keeping hold of Dakota.

Hyunjin grabs a hold of Dakotas shirt and pulls him close. "If I see you, hear from you, or see you that you are messaging my girlfriend or anything, you'll wish that I didn't go to my boss about this. This could've been a whole lot worse." Hyunjin angrily says to him. Dakota nods, with fear in his eyes. Hyunjin releases Dakotas shirt and waves his hand, gesturing JYP that he can go.

Hyunjin sits in the chair at the oval table, and rests his head back. Taking deep breaths to calm him.