Prologue

My name is Jung Y/n, I am 23 years old and I graduated with honors from Seoul national Law School as a criminal lawyer.

And if you're wondering if I'm a nerd... I received an eighty percent scholarship to attend and was the top of my class, receiving job offers from valuable companies upon graduation.

And like any other girl, I live in the suburbs of Daegu, Korea.

I live with my mother, who raised us alone because my father never wanted to take responsibility for us. From what my mother has told us, he was married and my mother was his secretary, so he never thought about leaving his wife. My mother had enough of it and left him.

I also live with my younger sister, Grace. She is three years younger than me and has just finished college in Daegu, just like Flex. Unlike me, she chose a shorter career path. Grace and I talk daily; we are very close, although she is very different from me.

She is beautiful, the funniest girl whom any man would want to marry. She has told me that she has a boyfriend whom she loves and they plan to get married soon.

A few weeks ago, I just graduated, and I couldn't be happier. I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend Flex for 3 years, although no one knows because my mother is very strict. Our relationship started in high school, and during college, we were far apart. He stayed at a university in the city while I had to move to Seoul for 2 years to finish my degree.

We stayed in touch, and Flex visits me at the university three times a month. We have had some conflicts because I haven't been able to be intimate with him. I still feel like it's not the right time to take that step. Every time we see each other, he tries to go for a kiss, but I avoid it. I want our relationship to be perfect, and I want to remain a virgin until marriage.

He has promised me that once he return, we will get married and he will speak to my mother to get her approval. We plan to have a big wedding at the city's parish with many guests.

I arranged to receive my university papers earlier, so I could surprise him and my family with my return.
On my way home, I was very nervous. I had finally graduated and could start working to pay the mortgage for the house and some loans I had taken to stay in college.

At the airport, I ran through the hallways because I was about to miss my flight for waking up late.

While running, I bumped into a man and fell to the ground. He spilled his coffee on his tie.

"Damn it! Are you blind?" said the man in a shiny black suit, looking at Y/n lying on the floor.

"Sorry, I didn't realize," Y/n said, looking at the man, who seemed like he was sculpted by angels, as she stood up.

"My suit is expensive. Consider yourself lucky that I won't charge you for it because I'm in a hurry," the man replied irritably, wiping himself.

"I apologize. Are you also blind to not realize it was an accident, or does your fancy tie prevent you from thinking clearly? It was me who could have been hurt, as it seems I tripped over a stone. But you know what? I'm not going to argue with a guy like you,"

Y/n said, walking away from the man, annoyed with her suitcase, leaving the man surprised.

The man looked at her in astonishment since no woman had ever dared to speak to him like that. On the contrary, they all knew him and fell at his feet. So when he heard her, he just watched her leave and smiled.