Chapter 3

There was so much on her mind that she didn't know how far she had run or for how long she had done it. Reaching a highway, she sprinted and was suddenly blinded by the headlights of a car, which struck her forcefully, causing her to fall unconscious on the pavement.

                                ⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

The car came to an immediate stop. The pavement was wet from the falling snow.

A tall and handsome man stepped out of the car and rushed to help Y/n, who had blood on her forehead and nose.

The man knelt in front of Y/n, quickly took out his cellphone, and dialed emergency services.

"112, what is your emergency?"

"Please send an ambulance to kilometer 30," Jungkook said, anxiously observing Y/n lying on the ground.

"What is the nature of the emergency!?"

"A 22-year-old woman appeared out of nowhere, and I couldn't brake in time. I hit her!" Jungkook explained, looking at Y/n and realizing she was the same woman he had bumped into at the airport.

"An ambulance is on its way, but it will take a long time due to the snowy and closed roads," the 112 operator replied.

Jungkook made another call.

"Max, send a helicopter to kilometer 30. I just had an accident, and a woman is badly injured. The roads are closed, and the ambulances won't arrive on time. I'm afraid she might die!" Jungkook said, checking Y/n's pulse.

"Yes, sir. I'll be there with assistance right away," Max, Jungkook's right-hand man and bodyguard, responded.

While they waited for the helicopter, Jungkook took off his coat and placed it over Y/n. She opened her eyes.

"Ah, what happened?" Y/n asked, disoriented.

"Stay calm, don't speak. The doctors are coming," Jungkook reassured her, looking into Y/n's eyes.

"I don't want them to come. I want to die. Let me die!" Y/n said, fainting again and losing consciousness.

Jungkook looked at her in disbelief, holding her head gently.

"I won't let you die..." Jungkook declared.

The helicopter arrived within minutes.

A man boarded the helicopter with Y/n, observing the paramedics working on her.

Upon reaching the best hospital in Seoul, she was immediately attended to.

"Mr. Jeon, the young lady doesn't have any identification or a cell phone number with her. She only had the clothes she was wearing," Max informed as he came out from speaking with the hospital authorities.

"Find someone who might be her family or someone who knows her," Jungkook instructed, watching Y/n through the glass, where she was already wearing a neck brace and connected to various devices.

"Yes sir, at this moment I will ask all the men to search for any family members," Max said, looking at Jungkook, as he had never been interested in any woman or anyone other than himself or his sister Jiwoo.

*

*

Meanwhile, at Y/n's house, Flex forcefully entered the house because of his mother; he didn't really want to be with Grace.

He wanted to run and find Y/n to explain, but it didn't happen. As soon as he entered, his father talked to him.

"Your mother told me what happened, so if you behave this way, you won't embarrass us in front of everyone," his father said.

"I don't want this, father, please," Flex said.

"You should have thought about that, and if you do something stupid, forget about your money because I'm capable of giving it away, and you know it. So wipe that damn face off and behave like a man," his father said, annoyed, with a glass of whisky in his hand.

"Is something wrong, my love?" Grace asked, taking Flex by the arm.

"No, everything is fine," Flex said, forcing a smile..

The engagement night ended without any other complications. Y/n's mother asked her employees to detain and lock her in the stable until she went to see her, in order to prevent her from telling anything.

"Mom, everything went perfectly, but I don't understand. Y/n disappeared from the party, I don't understand!" Grace said in front of a mirror as her mother brushed her blonde hair.

"Well, it seems she had to return to university immediately. Don't worry, now you just have to think that your wedding will be in a week and we have a lot to do, so smile, my beautiful girl!" her mother said, giving Grace a kiss on the cheek.

"You're right, Mom. I hope Y/n comes by then," Grace said with a smile.

Flex's house...

On the other hand, Flex arrived home and immediately got out of his parents' car. He didn't want to continue hearing his parents reproaching him for everything they had given him.

"He's rude, I told you that woman had raised him poorly and now he's just causing us problems," Flex's father said, entering the house and leaving his wife behind.

"Don't even get started. I told you it was better to talk to my mother so that girl could get rid of the child she was carrying, but you insisted that our son take responsibility," Flex's angry mother said, taking off her coat as she entered the house.

"Of course, if he didn't, he would never take responsibility for his stupidity, and now we'll have to deal with your son's parasite, his wife, and even her mother, who is clearly an opportunist and will soon show her true colors," his father said, pouring himself a glass of whiskey.

"She already showed them when she spoke to poor Y/n," his mother said, going upstairs to go to bed.

One week later...

At Jeon Hospital, Jungkook continued to watch Y/n through the glass.

She still hadn't regained consciousness, as the blow to her head had been very strong, leaving her unconscious for a week...

Continue....