Chapter 34

The next morning, Y/n had woken up very late. Her waist was hurting a bit, and she found it increasingly difficult to sleep.

Her feet would swell whenever she stood for a long time.

She got up and looked at her wardrobe, but there was nothing for her baby or herself.

Soon, the baby would arrive. So, she had saved her money, spending only on necessities, and went out in search of yarn and bathing essentials for the baby.

As she walked through the town, various people greeted her, making her feel less lonely than she actually was.

After purchasing the items, she returned to the boarding house to start knitting.

She had also bought several vegetables and fruits as Jimin had given her a strict diet for her pregnancy, with minimal sugar and carbohydrates, so that the delivery would go smoothly.

She began making a stew, reminiscing about her grandfather as he used to tell stories about her aunt, whom she now understood to be her mother.

However, she had no photos or memories of her.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she served herself food, thinking that maybe being alone was her punishment for being the daughter of a betrayal.

On the other hand, Taehyung and Chaeyoung had hired a private detective.

They walked hand in hand in a park where pink leaves fell from the trees due to the wind.

"Chae, I know it's not the best moment and you're not in the mood for anything, but I don't want to spend another second of my life without you. Will you marry me?" Taehyung said, kneeling in front of Chaeyoung.

"Oh my God, my love, yes, I do!" Chaeyoung exclaimed, crying tears of happiness as Taehyung placed the ring on her finger.

Back at Grace's mother's house, she held their child while Flex conversed with his friends in the soccer field.

Flex avoided being close to Grace with any excuse. He only made love to her when he was drunk, thinking it was Y/n he was with.

Her life wasn't at all what she expected. She could feel Flex's rejection towards her.

"Mother, I need you to tell me if Y/n is or isn't my sister," Grace said.

"My dear Grace, it's something I've already forgotten. After all, your aunt caused me great pain when she got involved with your father. And even after she died, I had to take care of that ungrateful child," her mother said angrily.

"I don't understand, Mother. Maybe Y/n is just like her mother, which is why she wanted to take me away and tried to replace me," Grace said, cutting fruits.

"That's right, like mother, like daughter. The good thing is that she distanced herself from us, and her husband kept his promise to pay off all her debts," her mother said, smiling.

When everyone had left and Flex and Grace were alone, Flex was drunk and his words came out without filter.

"Flex, let's go to sleep. You're drunk," Grace said.

"No, you go to sleep. It's the only thing you're good at," Flex said.

"Why do you treat me like this?" Grace asked tearfully.

"Do you really have to ask, but I'll tell you to clear your confused mind... I was your sister's boyfriend since high school, we were going to get married. But one night, I got drunk and foolishly slept with you," Flex revealed.

"That's enough, I don't want to hear anymore. You're lying," Grace said, crying as she walked up the stairs.

*
*

Jungkook left work early to pick up Jiwoo, who had started to drop her grades.

Upon picking her up, Jiwoo always searched for Y/n among the people.

"Brother, did you find her yet?" Jiwoo asked sadly.

"No, Jiwoo," Jungkook replied, embracing her with concern.

"Why hasn't she come to visit me? I didn't do anything to her!" Jiwoo cried.

"Don't think like that, Jiwoo. We're not going home. I promise we will find them," Jungkook said, holding back his tears.

When they arrived home, Rose was waiting for them in the garden.

"Jungkook, I heard you woke up from the coma!" Rose said, embracing him.

"What are you doing here, Rose?" Jungkook asked.

"Can't I visit you now that you're single? I told you that girl would break your heart. That's how girls from her status are," Rose said, smiling.

"Don't speak ill of Y/n, you corn silk," Jiwoo said angrily, heading upstairs.

"Oh, we're sensitive, huh?" Rose remarked.

"Rose, if you only came to spread poison, you can leave now. I'm not in the mood to see anyone, especially not you," Jungkook said, sitting on a couch.

"But darling, we can have a good time. I can take away your bad mood, I assure you," Rose said, touching Jungkook's thigh.

"Rose, please leave. I don't want to be rude," Jungkook said, standing up immediately as he couldn't bear Rose's touch anymore.

"Fine, I'll leave, but we need to talk about my share of the invitation, so I'll see you tomorrow!" Rose said, giving Jungkook a kiss near his mouth.

Jungkook was desperate, unable to figure out how to find Y/n. He took out his cellphone and started looking at the pictures he had of her.

Knock knock knock...

Lost in his thoughts, Taehyung entered.

"Brother, congratulate me!" Taehyung said, smiling.

"Why should I congratulate you?" Jungkook asked, looking serious at his cellphone.

"Because I am single no more. I'm getting married soon!" Taehyung said joyfully.

"That's great, Tae. Who would have thought you'd find love with Chaeyoung?" Jungkook said, embracing Taehyung to congratulate him.

Meanwhile, Y/n had returned to work at the hospital early, as usual.

"Good morning, Yoongi. How was your morning?" Y/n said, sitting and looking at the computer.

"Very well, Y/n. Thank you. But tell me, have you thought of a name for the baby?" Yoongi asked, looking at Y/n's baby bump.

"Hmm, I've thought a lot. If it's a girl, I want to name her Ameila after my mother. And if it's a boy, Jongwoo, like my grandfather," Y/n said, smiling.

"You know, Amelia is a beautiful name. I had a girlfriend many years ago named Amelia, and she was pregnant, but one day she disappeared," Yoongi said nostalgically.

"But you didn't find out anything else about the baby or the woman?" Y/n asked, looking at Yoongi with sad eyes.

"No, I never heard anything more about them. But your mother lives here, Jimin told me you didn't have any family," Yoongi asked.

"My life is filled with lies. All I know is that my mother died when I was born. My father was a married man, although I don't know if it's true. My grandfather died when I finished high school. My aunt hates me for no reason. The father of my baby doesn't know I'm pregnant. He asked me to leave his life, and that's exactly what I did. So yes, I am alone," Y/n said, tears filling her eyes.

"Y/n, allow me to give you a hug," Yoongi said, approaching Y/n.

Y/n stood up, needing a hug too. She hugged Yoongi tightly, and tears streamed down her face.

"Forgive me, I'm very sensitive," Y/n said, wiping her tears.

"Don't worry, Y/n. I want you to know that if you ever need a friend or anything, don't hesitate to reach out to me. I say this with no ill intentions," Yoongi said, taking Y/n's hand.

"Thank you, Mr. Min. Everyone here has been so kind to me. I don't know how to repay such kindness," Y/n said, smiling and finally feeling calmer for the first time in days..

To be Continue...