Chapter 31

"Y/n signed the divorce papers and the end of her contract and also resigned!" Taehyung said, looking at Jungkook as he paled.

"But how is it possible so quickly? I called to stop everything and none of you answered!" Jungkook exclaimed, alarmed.

"Calm down, Jungkook. You started the divorce process and the end of the contract yourself, we were just following your orders," Taehyung said.

"I know... but I wanted to stop everything. That wasn't what I wanted. Call Max," Jungkook said.

Taehyung took out his phone and called Max.

"Max, pass me Y/n, please," Jungkook said, agitated.

"I'm sorry, sir, but Miss Y/n left early in the morning with her suitcases," Max said.

"What do you mean she left? Where did she go?" Jungkook asked.

"I don't know, she didn't let me take her. She called a taxi," Max said.

"Her phone has GPS, find out where she is, Max!" Jungkook said.

"Sir, the phone is here," Max said.

"This can't be...what have I done?" Jungkook said.

"I need to get out of here right now. I need to go find Y/n," Jungkook said.

"Brother, I'm asking you not to throw away all your progress. Max and I will look for her, but you need to get out of here for Jiwoo's sake," Taehyung said.

Jungkook couldn't stay calm. He wanted to leave the hospital immediately. He spent most of the night awake, unable to sleep, walking around the room.

*

*

The next morning, Y/n woke up with a slight headache. She had her blood drawn and had an ultrasound where she saw her baby for the first time and knew that everything was fine.

Although she didn't want to know the baby's gender, she wanted it to be a surprise.

"Everything is perfect, Y/n. You just need to rest. It seems the fainting was due to nerves," Dr said, looking at the papers.

"Doctor, can I go now?" Y/n asked nervously, as she found out she was in the same hospital as Jungkook.

"Alright, you can go, but you need to promise me that you'll come here every week for a check-up. Your delivery is getting closer, so you need to keep track," Dr said, smiling at Y/n who seemed very nervous.

"But I'll do all the paperwork so you can leave in a couple of hours," Dr said.

"Thank you, doctor," Y/n said.

"You're welcome," Dr said.

After a couple of hours, Y/n received the clothes she had on the day she fainted.

She changed immediately without waiting for someone to tell her she could leave. She left the room without anyone noticing.

Meanwhile, Max had been investigating everywhere until he found out that Y/n was in the hospital after fainting. Max called Jungkook.

"Sir, I found Y/n. She's in the same hospital as you, on the fifth floor, room three," Max said.

Wearing only a robe, Jungkook left his room and took the elevator to Y/n's room.

His heart was pounding, anxious to know what had happened and if she was alright.

But when he entered the room, there was no one. Desperate, he searched the entire room, but there was no one.

"Y/n, I brought your papers," Dr said, entering the room and seeing Jungkook inside.

"What are you doing here, sir?" Dr asked.

"I'm looking for my wife. Where is Y/n?" Jungkook asked, agitated.

"I don't know, she was here a while ago," Dr said.

"But who took her? What happened..." Jungkook said.

"That information is confidential, sir," Dr said.

"Nothing is confidential to me. Either you tell me everything right now, or I swear you'll never work in a hospital again," Jungkook said, angry, gripping Dr's coat.

"She said she didn't have any family. She fainted on the street due to stress and the pregnancy," Dr said.

Jungkook immediately released the Dr, the pain piercing his chest and leaving him powerless.

"Is she pregnant!?" Jungkook asked him, as Dr angrily shook out his clothes.

"Yes, she's six months pregnant. But you should know that, aren't you her husband?" Dr snapped, irritated, while leaving the room.

Jungkook's tears started flowing, uncontrollable. For the first time in his life, he regretted something, leaving Y/n.

With bare feet and the hospital gown, Jungkook began descending the stairs, desperately trying to catch up to Y/n. However, the wound in his abdomen, though closed, still caused him pain.

Once he reached the hospital entrance, he spotted her from afar, getting into a taxi. He ran as fast as he could, even though with little success.

"Y/n...!" Jungkook gasped, trying to catch his breath.
Max arrived and tried to help Jungkook stand up, but he refused.

"Max just left to catch her!" exclaimed an excited Jungkook, sounding like a little child.

That afternoon, Jungkook didn't want to go back to the hospital. He wandered the city streets in his gown, trying to find Y/n throughout the night and into the next day. By the following night, he encountered Taehyung.

"Jungkook, enough with these crazy actions. It's late, you need to take your medication. Jiwoo is at home waiting for you. I know you want to find Y/n, but you need to calm down," pleaded Taehyung, trying to reason with Jungkook.

"Y/n is pregnant, she has nowhere to go, and she doesn't have much money. I have to find her, Taehyung. I have to find her. I'm such an idiot," Jungkook said.

"She's pregnant?" asked a surprised Taehyung, recalling how Y/n had suddenly started wearing long sweaters and loose shirts.

"Yes, she's six months pregnant. Help me, Taehyung," pleaded a desperate Jungkook.

"Alright, I will send all the men to look for her, but you need to go back to Jiwoo and your grandparents. They are very worried about all of this," said Taehyung.

Jungkook returned home and, upon entering, found his grandparents waiting for him in the living room.

"Oh my child, you had us so worried," exclaimed Grandma, running towards Jungkook.

"Jungkook, what is going on? Where is Y/n? What contract are they talking about? Why did Y/n quit and you filed for divorce, and now Max tells me she's pregnant with my grandchild?" Grandpa angrily questioned.

"Grandpa, not now," Jungkook replied, exhausted.

"Not now? You always avoid your responsibilities. I hope you have a good explanation for all of this, and I just hope that my grandchild and Y/n are okay because all of this will be your fault," Grandpa said, upset.

"Please, not now. Can't you see he's also affected?" Grandma intervened.

"I'm tired of all these lies, I don't understand why Y/n couldn't know that Jungkook was on the brink of death, and when he wakes up, our grandson asks her for a divorce, and she leaves with our grandchild without knowing whether she has anywhere to sleep," Grandpa said.

"You want the truth? Well, I'll tell you. I am the worst human being in the world. My entire marriage and engagement to Y/n were a damn lie. I ran her over one night, and because you were pressuring me to get married, I arranged everything so that Y/n was forced to marry me under a contract. But everything went wrong; I fell in love with her, and I was afraid that she would return to illness and be tied to a sick man," Jungkook confessed, tears streaming down his face.

"How far you've gone, Jungkook. You disappoint me. But this is your punishment," Grandpa said as he left the house...

To be Continue...