Chapter 30

As soon as the elevator doors closed, Y/n's heart began to beat fast. She felt lost, unsure of what she was going to do. It was all over, and now she realized she was truly in love with Jungkook.

But in life, there are more important things than romantic love or personal desires.

She was pregnant now, and her baby became her priority.

Y/n walked aimlessly, trying to understand what had happened, after leaving the hospital.

Upon arriving at Jiwoo's school, Y/n sat in front of the large tree, and Jiwoo came running out as she always did.

"Y/n, you won't believe it! Oppa sent me a message!" Jiwoo exclaimed, smiling and showing her phone to Y/n.

"I'm really happy for you, Jiwoo. It seems like he's coming back soon and will be with you," Y/n replied sadly.

"You'll say the same thing about the two of you. I've seen you staring at his pictures," Jiwoo said, smiling.

"Jiwoo, let's go home. We need to talk," Y/n said, grabbing Jiwoo's backpack.

"Are you okay, Y/n? You look sad," Jiwoo asked.

"I'm fine. Let's just go home," Y/n replied.

On the way, Y/n pondered what she would say to Jiwoo to make her understand that they wouldn't see each other anymore.

When they arrived home, they ate together as usual, while Jiwoo shared everything she had done at school.

They sat together in the living room.

"Y/n, what's wrong? It seems like you've been crying all day," Jiwoo said, lying in Y/n's lap as she stroked her hair.

"Jiwoo, I need to tell you this before someone else does. But first, know that I love you very much."

"Today, I spoke to Jungkook, and our differences are so great that we're going to separate," Y/n said, tears filling her eyes.

"Why? What did he do? Was it because he was gone for so long without calling?" Jiwoo asked, looking at Y/n, on the verge of crying.

"These are things you wouldn't understand. He and I just can't get along, and when a marriage isn't working, it's better to separate to avoid getting hurt," Y/n a said, wiping away her tears.

"Y/n, please don't leave me. Take me with you. I'll go wherever you go. If Oppa leaves, I'll be alone," Jiwoo pleaded, crying.

"Don't cry, my dear. I promise I'll visit you. It'll be our secret," Y/n said, embracing Jiwoo with a broken heart.

"Don't forget about me, Y/n, please," Jiwoo said.

"I promise I never will," Y/n replied.

The next morning, Y/n packed her bags. She would spend a few days at a hotel until she found a place to live and a job.

Before leaving, she took Jiwoo to school so she wouldn't see her leaving.

Upon returning home, Y/n only took a couple of suitcases with things she had bought.

"Ma'am, where will you go? Maybe young master didn't think things through when he was younger.
He didn't know how to express his feelings after his parents died. Maybe it's happening to him again," Eva said, wiping her tears.

"No, Eva. He made it clear he doesn't want me in his life, and I can't bear any more humiliation. I found an affordable hotel until I find an apartment. Don't worry about me. Take care of Jiwoo," Y/n said, sighing amidst her tears.

"Yes, ma'am. Take care of yourself. And you know, when you need anything, just call me, and I'll come to see you," Eva said, feeling saddened.

"And you too, Eva," Y/n replied as she hugged Eva.

Y/n glanced at the house one last time and at a wedding photo before leaving. At the entrance, Max was looking at the ground.

"Mrs. Jeon, let me take you. I apologize; I was just following the orders of the boss," Max said.

"Don't worry, Max. Everyone here was just following Jungkook's orders. But don't worry, I've called a taxi. Take care, goodbye," Y/n said, getting into the taxi as the driver put her luggage in the trunk.

Y/n was determined to put an end to everything, so once she dropped off her suitcases at the hotel, she went straight to the office.

Jungkook's grandfather and Taehyung were in Jungkook's office when she knocked.

"Dear Y/n, I'm glad you came. I wanted to apologize; I knew all of this was madness!" Grandpa said, going towards Y/n to give her a hug.

"Don't worry, I just came to hand in my resignation letter," Y/n said.

"Y/n, I'm asking you not to rush. Talk to Jungkook, I know that with the love you have for each other, you can resolve your differences and he can make amends," Grandpa said.

"No, Grandpa, Jungkook was very firm in his decision for a divorce, and honestly, I have nothing to do here," Y/n said, holding back her tears.

"Y/n, maybe if you wait a bit longer, Jungkook will leave the hospital tomorrow, and you both can talk before making a decision," Taehyung suggested.

"No, and this is my final word. I appreciate the opportunity, Grandpa, but I have nothing left to do here. I'll go sign the divorce papers right now. Apparently, his personal lawyer already has them, so it's a done deal," Y/n said, leaving the office.

Y/n left with her soul increasingly shattered. Seeing the lawyer with the papers, she felt a great pain in her chest, but she signed them, tears falling onto the paper, and left the building in tears.

Everything spun around her as she walked aimlessly, and suddenly she knew nothing more, fell to the ground unconscious...

To be Continue....