CHAPTER 19: HIS TOY

WARNING: R18

I contemplated my own reflection in the mirror for an extended period, and a sharp intake of breath escaped me as I became aware of the presence of tears brimming in my eyes.

Laika was not here, as she is partaking in her coworker's birthday celebration, indulging in an overnight sojourn at a serene beach resort.

A bitter laughter escaped me, and I gathered my composure as an unexpected knock resonated through the door of my condominium.

I guess It could be Laika, her decision to forgo the birthday party possibly altered. I adorned the matching sleeve to my night dress, preparing myself for what lay beyond the threshold.

I involuntarily drew in a breath and was momentarily startled as I laid eyes upon the man who appeared somewhat discomfited and avoided direct eye contact with me. He was adorned in a suit that emanated a sense of formality and sophistication.

" Good evening Ma'am."

" G-good evening." Bati ko pabalik at tipid na ngumiti.

" Ma'am ako ang nautusan ni Señor para sunduin ka dito."

I caught my breath at the utterance of those words, realizing that this was precisely the thought that had occupied my mind earlier, and he had indeed carried out his promise. I glanced at the clock, the hands pointing exactly at 9:00 pm.

My heart throbbed forcefully, yet I had no alternative. I had to proceed with this not solely for my own sake, but for the well-being of my mother and siblings.

" Hintayin mo na lang ako sa labas susunod ako."

" Segi po Ma'am."

I exhaled deeply as I stepped into my room and cast my gaze upon my reflection in the mirror once more. It was impossible to suppress the overwhelming sense of compassion I felt towards myself.

Kapalit ng pagiging laruan ko kay Steve ay ang pera niya.I will be reduced to servitude under him, a truly sorrowful fate.

I fought back the urge to cry and fortified my heart with unwavering resolve. The amount of money I sent to my Mama earlier proved insufficient, leaving me with no alternative but to reluctantly accept his proposition, despite my inner resistance.

Truly, I despised the circumstances yet I found myself devoid of any viable alternatives. The struggle is immense. Once again, I am cornered in this predicament, reminiscent of the hardships I endured in the past.

Kinakabahan ako at the same time kahit may  nangyari na sa amin ng unang beses ay hindi ko parin maiwasang kabahan.
I made a conscious effort to refrain from shedding tears, yet as I gathered myself together the tears inevitably welled up in my eyes and streamed down my face.
----

Habang nasa biyahe tahimik ko lang tinatanaw ang nadadaanan namin banda sa bintana at nasabi narin ng tauhan ni Steve na diretso namin pupuntahan ang condo unit kuno nito.

Awang-awa ako sa sarili ko kung bakit palagi akong nabibiktima ng ganitong kasumpa-sumpang sitwasyon. Why does it seem to be a recurring pattern? I had believed that my journey towards a better life would continue unabated.

Ang akala ko tuluyan ko ng natakasan ang madilim kong mundo ngunit nandito na naman ako sa sitwasyong kailangan kong magsakripisyo.

" Sandali.Itigil mo muna ang sasakyan may bibilhin lang ako."

Napatango ang lalaki at tinabi muna ang kotse, napatingin ako pharmacy store at kinuha ang shoulder bag ko bago ako bumaba sa magarbong sasakyan ni Steve.

I am not naive to the point of being oblivious to Steve's wants and needs, which is why it is imperative for me to remain cognizant and attentive.

" Pills po Ma'am?"