Pool Day

Charlie's POV:
Today Nick and I are going to his grandparents house to go swimming at their pool. I'm excited but also nervous since I've only met his grandparents once very briefly. I finish packing all of my things and hear my phone go off. I open my phone to see a text from Nick saying be there in 5. I smile and reply back "alright I'll be ready!"
I go downstairs to wait for Nick and not long after I hear a knock at the door. I open it to see a very happy Nick.
"Hi!" I say hugging him
"Hey!" He replies holding me tightly.
He kisses me and I let go of hi to grab my stuff as we head back to his house.
Once we arrive I see his mom waiting outside for us by the car.
"Hi Charlie!" She says
"Hi Sarah!" I say as she goes to hug me.
"You boys ready to head out now?" She asks
Nick and I nod and we help Sarah put all of the stuff in the trunk before all piling into the car to head out. I start feeling a bit nervous again and I think Nick notices because I feel him grab my hand gently holding it.
"You alright?" He asks
I nod "just a bit nervous to properly meet your grandparents." I say
Nick smiles.
"I promise, they will love you, how could they not?" He says continuing to hold my hand. I begin to feel a bit better and rest my head on his shoulder. I feel him kiss my forehead softly and I smile.

-20 minutes later-

Nick's POV:
We have just arrived at my grandparents house and the 3 of us begin lugging all of our bags and pool supplies inside. We set it inside the pool room for now and head into the house where my Nan and Gramps are waiting in the kitchen.
They greet us and I feel Charlie grab my hand. I smile holding it tightly as we walk into the kitchen.
They both hug me and then my mum. Then Gran sees Charlie and smiles.
"And who might this cutie be?" She says making Charlie blush slightly.
"This is Charlie, my boyfriend!" I say
"So this is the boy who stole your heart then?" I hear Gramps say from the kitchen table.
I laugh and reply "yeah this is him" I say
Gran hugs Charlie and then gramps comes over shaking his hand.
I can tell Charlie already feels a bit more at ease which makes me happy.
We all begin to go to the pool room. I grab my bag seeing Charlie grab his as well. We both go to get changed
I get ready first and wait outside the pool room bathroom for Charlie. He comes out shortly after with swimming trunks on and a different shirt. He comes over to me where I hug him.
"I'm sorry." He says softly
"What for love?" I ask leaving the hug and holding both of his hands instead.
"I'm just not very comfortable without the shirt." He says looking down.
"Hey, that's alright! Whatever makes you feel more comfortable." I say lifting his head and leaning down to kiss him. He smiles and we head out to the pool where everyone is waiting.
"Shall we get to swimming then?" My mum says. I nod leading Charlie to the pool steps as we get in. The water is a bit cold at first but it doesn't take long to adjust and before we know it all of us are swimming and splashing around having the best time.

Charlie's POV:
We swam for about an hour before we all grabbed a lounge chair and set up on the deck. Me and Nick grabbed the larger chair to share of course. Currently Nick and I are snuggled up on the chair listening to the others chat.
Just then I see Nicks Gran get up and head to the kitchen announcing that she made a whole bunch of sandwiches and cut of fruit and veggies to have for a late lunch. I feel Nick kiss my cheek.
"You want something darling?" He asks and then adds "of course you don't have to if you don't feel like it."
"Can you just grab a plate for us to share?" I ask nervously.
"Of course sweetheart." "You stay here I'll be right back!" He says before heading to the kitchen. While he's gone I help his grandfather and his mum set up tables by each of our chairs so we have a place to put our food and drinks.
I sit back down just before I see Nick come out with a huge plate that has 2 sandwiches and a little bit of fruits and veggies as well. He also has two cans of coke tucked into his arm. He sets everything down on the table and sits next to me.
"They had turkey and ham sandwiches so I got one of each so you have options." He says
"Thank you!" I say as we begin to eat.

-25 minutes later-

Nick's POV:
We all just finished eating and Charlie did so well and I just kept telling him how proud I was. I see my mum start packing things up and we go to help her loading everything into the car.
We say our goodbyes to Gran and Gramps and Gran can't stop gushing over Charlie and how sweet his is. Gramps chuckles shaking his head but also agrees that Charlie is such a lovely boy and he was so happy I had found him.
The 3 of us get into the car and head home. Charlie rests his head on my shoulder snuggling into me.
"Your grandparents we're really nice" he says
"Yeah they really are and I believe they loved you" I say. Charlie nods
I kiss his cheek and before long he's fast asleep on my shoulder.
Once we arrive to my place I wake Charlie up and we all head inside. Charlie texted his parents asking if he can stay round mine since it is getting a bit late. He told me they said yes
We both need showers since the pool had a bit of chlorine in it. I let Charlie shower first and then I take one. I load all of the damp clothes as well as our towels and bring them downstairs to the laundry for them to get washed. I head back to my room to see Charlie snuggled up in my covers. I smile and lay next to him. He gives me some of the blanket and we snuggle and eventually fall asleep.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this longer chapter 🤍 I had a lot of fun writing this 🩷