Idea's Gone Wrong (Part 3)

Crowley POV:

It's been about a week and a half since he left, and I've finally been able to confess enough of what happened to Maggie and Nina so that they can help.

"But I don't understand he asked you to go with him?" Maggie questioned.

"Yes, but he knew I wouldn't go back why would I ever go back to a place that hurt me" I stated.

"But he asked you to go with him. That doesn't mean he doesn't love you, but that he wanted to be with you up there. If it is as bad as you say, why did you let him go to a place that is so dangerous alone?" asked Nina. 

After a few more days of hearing the soothing voices of the two women's reasonings and questionable understanding of the situation one thing was made clear. I need to be with Aziraphale and upon some even more questionable drunken ideas one stuck. I created a plan that would sneak me into heaven, for the sole purpose of secretly protecting him from any issues he could have up there. I would never admit it out loud but after putting together this plan, I feel my sense of self come back.

I swaggered back towards the bookshop with a bouquet of flowers. Walking inside I leave the notes to Muriel and Aziraphale. They ask Muriel to watch over my Bentley and the plants with a strict schedule on how and when to take care of each, the second letter is my final goodbye to Aziraphale telling him that I would be gone from earth and hell. Checking my work, I hear Muriel shuffling to the front of the shop. Now is the time I thought. Changing into my small form I turned into my snake form and slithered my body into the flowers. Being no larger than an earth worm I could hide easily inside the flowers.

"Ello?" Muriel called out. She noticed the flowers and walked over, " Where did these come from?" Muriel pulls out her letter and reads the final command, Tell Aziraphale that if he wants his letter then he needs to come down to earth and get it. This is my last wish.

"Oh no!" Muriel looked outside and saw her new tasks and immediately rushed up to heaven.

Aziraphale POV:

It was another day it's been so long since I'd done anything that felt good that I had no emotions to go through when I did anything good. Sitting at the desk as the days bleed into each other I started to just do the work in front of me. Motionless I work, Mindlessly I move nothing matters anymore its like my life is being bleached away.

"Aziraphale!" Cried Muriel. 
"Muriel what wrong?" I asked. She came in and started fidgeting.

"I-I mean Supreme Archangel Aziraphale. I-It's just..."

"What is it, Muriel? Is everything alright?" I asked waving away the title.

"It's Mr. Crowley sir" says Muriel.

"Crowley? What's happened Muriel" I asked while grabbing her shoulders. Searching her eyes I knew it wasn't something I wanted to hear.

"You have to come back down to earth via Crowley's request."

"Crowley asked for me?" I was shocked. I never thought that he'd want to see me again let alone request to see me.

"You have to see for yourself." Muriel says keeping to the request in the note.

*Time Skip*

Ding

The elevator opens as the Supreme archangel and Muriel step out back to earth. Feeling life, love and all the joys of earth brings all the fogginess in his mind away and reinstates his clear, sharp mind.

"Oh dear, how I missed this" Aziraphale states as he makes his way back down to his bookshop. He sees Maggie and Nina in the cafe, and they just stare with their mouths open and immediately start running about He waves at them but continues towards the shop. Before walking in he notices the Bentley parked outside and takes a deep breath feeling his stomach knot at what could be so important that Crowley needs him.

"Crowley?" Aziraphale calls out as he steps into the bookshop.

"Oh, He's not here right now. It's his letter that he left for you. I figured I shouldn't bring it up to you and I didn't want to look at it and read it without permission." Muriel says, "I think he may be going away for a while and wanted me to give this to you." 

Disappointed and confused Aziraphale goes straight to the flowers. Carnations thought Aziraphale. Then he notices the letter in Crowley's handwriting. Reading the letter Aziraphale sits down.

Aziraphale's POV (again):

"He's gone"

"Yeah, but certainly not forever" Muriel says calming noticing how distressed the new Archangel had become.

"He's gone, and it's all my fault" I stand up and left. I held in my racing heart and tried to breath but found that it was hard to do so with such a weight growing in my chest. Feeling The Metatron's calling I numbly started back towards the elevator, leaving Muriel confused in the shop with the plants. Leaning against the walls of the elevator I didn't know what to do. I didn't read the letter all the way through and it still was in my hand. Noticing it before the elevator opened in shoved it in my pants pocket and walked out.

"Aziraphale! You are the Supreme Archangel of Heaven what do you think you are doing wandering down to earth when you've your duties here?" The Metatron snapped. He closed his eyes and rubbed the bridge of his nose. He looks exhausted. Why? I wondered.

"Sorry I just felt that I needed to check in on Muriel" I said quickly trying to keep up good faces when all I wanted was to go into my office and shut the door.

"Well let's not have this issue repeat itself. Just stay in your office and do your job." He sighed and left. Nodding I walked back into my office with the hopes of reading the whole letter and finding a way that I could be false. 

Dear Aziraphale,

I find it harder and harder to be here alone with earth in its entirety being a big reminder to all that we had. I will be leaving earth. Just know that I will always be with you. If you ever call upon me, I will be there.

Until the day, 

Crowley.

My eyes couldn't read. I couldn't understand. All I knew was that I was too late, and Crowley is gone. Cupping my face in my hands I sat and with no tears, no noise, I wept.

Crowley's POV:

 The plan didn't go as it was supposed to. Originally, I was supposed to hide off in a corner and see Aziraphale's response to the messages I left to prove to myself whether I needed to go or fight for us even harder. Upon Muriel's leaving to get Aziraphale I had wondered around the shop to see how she'd been up to and found the comfortable chair that Aziraphale always used to claim. Upon seeing it I sauntered over and took a seat. Hearing the door made me realize how long I'd been there and immediately sprung up and practically launched myself into the carnations. Hearing the angels voice again and I felt myself hyperventilating. I can't do this. What the Heaven have those humans put me up to!? I thought. Then he was there, right in front of me he picked up the Carnations and I fell. I fell directly into his coat pocket. I couldn't tell his reactions to anything down here I thought angrily. Frustrated I felt him on the move and poked my head out of the pocket just in time to see a blinding light as the elevator brought the two of us back into heaven. This wasn't the plan!... But at least now if I am quite enough, I can protect him here without anyone else knowing.... I can't believe it I'm his self-appointed guardian demon.

"Oh, for heaven's Ssssakesssss." I hissed softly as I heard a door close. Since when did heaven have doors? I thought flicking my tail in confusion I finally just settled amongst myself and curled into a ball of sleep in the comfort of my angel's pocket.

Author Note: 

Yay part three I'm doing good so far!

-JVanRuisdael