New Pet (Pt 20)

Aziraphale's POV:

I wept openly on Crowley's limp form and held onto him as if I could keep him in this world with me. I cried and cried until I felt a gentle hand rub my back.

"Crowley?" I ask looking into his beautiful eyes.

"Angel don't be cryin it'll make me cry, and I'm not as pretty a crier" Crowley coughs a chuckle. I smile and start crying again in relief as he shushed me gently and wiped away all my tears. He groaned as he attempted to move.

"Don't move Crowley" I command finally noticing the creature who is touching Crowley's leg.

"You saved him?" I asked the creature who appeared to nod and then quickly scramble away.

"Little bugger. I feel physically like sh*t but more alive than I have been in a while." Crowley says while attempting to sit up again.

"Crowley stop moving your hurt."

"I don't want us sitting on this floor. Hell doesn't clean up well and I'm positive they don't even know how to work a mop or broom." He says while sitting up and leaned against me. I pick him up and gently carry him towards the elevator. No one was there by the time that we'd finally left. Before we exit Hell, I feel Crowley reaching down for the little creature.

"Crowley what are you doing?" I ask him, stepping back from the creature.

"I think it's lonely" he says softly reaching for it again this time it jumps into his arms and nestles like a cat onto his chest and falls asleep. 

"Crowley what are you going to do with it?" I ask as we head back to earth.

"Keep it. Maybe I'll put it with the Bentley to give it company" he states. Shaking my head, and keeping an eye on it, I entered the elevator. Once we'd finally made it back to the bookshop it was empty.

"Crowley you may have to call for the Bentley. I fear it may take Muriel and the women on a road trip of a lifetime." I tell the demon while helping him into a chair.

"The Bentley already knows I'm here, it'll be back soon enough" Crowley wheezes when the creature jumps off his bruised ribs and starts inspecting the bookshop.

"I don't know how I feel about that thing." I tell him.

"It's fine. Just got excited to see the world through better eyes" he tells me. I turn my gaze back to him and find his eyes covered again by glasses he probably miracled.

"Crowley" I say leaning back down to take his glasses off and soon enough I find the trap. Just as I'd leaned down, he brings his arms around me and pulls me close.

"Crowley!" I exclaim trying not to fall onto him. He chuckles and kisses my cheek. I look at him as he smirks and releases me.

"Sorry Angel just had to..." he starts but I'd already taken over his lips. I could feel the smirk against my lips and stood upright quickly.

"Where are you goin' Angel?" whined the demon. This time it was my turn to smirk as I left him and walked towards the back of the shop.

"Would you like tea dear?" I asked. I heard some cursing and chuckled.

Crowley's POV:

I was attempting to get up after the Angel but found that with a broken corporation its mighty painful. Knowing the glasses trick worked gave me great joy. I'd never really been the greatest at most of my demonic duties, but temptations normally came easy enough. What made it even better was that I knew Aziraphale craves the connection as much as I do so that makes my own greed grow. When he comes back in with his tea I smirk.

"Angel I'm hurt to think you'd run away from such a small temptation."

"Pure temptation more like" he mumbles.

"What was that?" I ask smirking.

"Said you're hurt because you were squished by The Metatron" he says louder. I laugh hard which causes me to hold my sides in pain.

"Here let me get that for you" Aziraphale says softly. Putting his hands against my sides I feel warmth and sigh into the healing miracle. Exhausted from expending his finally recharged energy he sits in his chair and calmly closes his eyes. I feel down my sides and without any more cuts or bruises I make my way over to the angel.

"I can feel you staring" he sighs. I smile and then frown. As if sensing a change in my mood I sense Aziraphale's gaze on my face.

"Well, I guess I should get going so to let you get comfortable again." I say in an attempt to be lighthearted. I look down to see Aziraphale shaking his head.

"No, its fine...Uh..." he stammers unable to get the words out. I smile and begin to turn away from him, but then I feel his hand reach out and grip mine, keeping me there. I look into his eyes to find him trying to find the right words. I take a chance.

"Unless you'd like to come and visit me at my apartment. As it turns out Shax never used it and its still mine." Aziraphale practically jumps up and grabs his coat.

"How do we get there?" he asks accepting my offer immediately catching me off-guard. In response to his question, I open the doors to the bookshop allowing for Aziraphale to see the Bentley and our friends.

"Nina! Maggie! Muriel! Did our car treat you well?" Aziraphale asks.

"T-the car drives itself" Nina explains.

"Ah yes best of the lot" I respond. Maggie is bubbling and rushes over to give the two of us a hug.

"I was so afraid for you two. Crowley I was told you'd died?" Maggie gushes.

"Ah well let's just say Hell wasn't in order to accept anybody recently" I joke. Aziraphale shakes his head and then gets jumped by Muriel.

"My humanly response is the same as everyone else's" she explains. Aziraphale smiles and hugs her back and to her own surprise she melts into the hug. I walk past them but not before giving Muriel a little pat on the back and face the Bentley.

"Such a good car" I say. It hums in response.

"Yes, absolutely wonderful" Aziraphale at his words the Bentley's wheels turn yellow.

"Oi none of that" I hiss. To which the Bentley changes back to normal and gives Aziraphale an apologetic rumble. I shake my head and open the car door.

"Get in angel" he smiles and waves goodbye to our friends and gets in.

Author's note:

Hey, getting close to an end here what are we thinking? Hope you're enjoying this with me.

-JVanRuisdael