Couples Therapy (Pt 6)

Aziraphale POV:

Crowley still doesn't talk as much as he used to. He is pouting and I've tried everything to make him open back up to me. I thought that the apology dance was going to be it but upon further thought I know that a silly dance wasn't going to be enough for Crowley to like me again. 

"Crowley what do you want to do today?" I asked the same question every day.

"Go home" he says for the fifth time since I found him in my pocket.

"You know I cannot leave here" I respond.

"You can you just won't. I don't feel good being here all the time it's like my head is being clouded with all the smog of Hell." 

"Crowley you are being dramatic" I say. He hisses and then goes back into my pocket to grumble. As much as I'd like to see him again, we both agree that its best he doesn't make his presence known here for both of our sakes. Crowley also appears to greatly prefer the pocket on my shirt as opposed to the one in my jacket and it warms my heart to know that he is so close to it.

"Aziraphale? Why is this door LOCKED?" asked the Metatron outside the door.

"Oh dear, my bad let me get that for you" I say swiftly checking on Crowley before opening the door. 

"Why would there be a need for a locked door?" the Metatron asks. He looks so exhausted I noticed.

"I must have locked it by habit." I reply. He nods in response and then looks at me.

"How have you been feeling?" He asked.

"I've been feeling fine" I say cheerfully. His smile looks forced as he rubs his eyes.

"Thats great" he says as he leaves the room shutting the door behind him.

"He's up to something" Crowley hisses.

"Crowley you probably just woke up again. What would The Metatron be up to but good?" I say quickly. Crowley looks at me and then shakes his head and tries to go back to sleep. He's been sleeping a lot I worried. Crowley keeps complaining about headaches and always feeling tired and wanting to leave, but it's probably because he misses the Bentley and his plants. Feeling the need to give him something I take a walk outside of the office and look at the windows.

"We should check on Muriel" I hear a soft hiss.

"We'd never get past the elevator guards" I remind him looking at the angels who appear every time I go out of my office.

" Let me fix that."

"Crowley no we said..." but it was too late as out of nowhere a pit appeared and dropped the two angels.

"Crowley what did you do?" I asked.

"I distracted them now let's go check on Muriel. Quickly Angel we have to go before they come back" he says sounding more excited than he has in a while. Not wanting to waste his good efforts I quickly make my way to the door and go down to earth.

Upon stepping back onto earth, I hummed in satisfaction. Feeling love, life, and people. I walked back to my bookshop and waved at Maggie and Nina feeling a bit of Deja vu. The two women immediately made their way over as I entered the shop.

"Muriel my dear, how have things been going?" I ask the little angel. She smiles wide at my presence.

"Supreme Archangel Aziraphale! I've excellent news the books are all still here and I have been watering Mr. Crowley's car and plants just as he needed." She says proudly.