Together?(Part 4)

In Heaven Crowley POV:

So, it's been a few days since the plan went haywire and honestly, it's not so bad. So long as I don't accidently answer Aziraphale while he's talking out loud. It's frustrating really, because he seems so at ease. I have been in the most immense, drunken pain of the heart that this newfound knowledge doesn't make me feel any better. Knowing that I really shouldn't but when have I ever done anything not impulsive? I peak my snake head out of his coat pocket and then watch as he works. It's almost like it was when we were in the bookshop shaking my head, I start to pay attention to what he's doing.

"So, why doesn't this add up?" Aziraphale asks as he's reading how many miracles are being produced at the moment. "There is currently a miracle that has been existing for much longer than a normal one should, or this number should be growing. How else can I account for so much activity?"

When I look at it, I can't help but agree but once I hear the door beginning to open, I hide back into my pocket.

Aziraphale's POV:

"Supreme Archangel Aziraphale, may I have a word" says the tired voice of the Metatron.

"Why of course" I respond clearing my desk so that I could give him my full attention.

"I would just like to ask how you have been doing as of the past few days" He asks.

"Oh, I have been doing well thank you."

"Good, good. I was simply wondering about that map you'd created awhile back and was wondering how you've been doing with it." He asked.

"Oh... that well you see a while ago I tried to make it again, but I simply couldn't it was like the memory was too foggy. Sorry I know you were interested in seeing it." Aziraphale says softly.

" Oh no, that's fine I was just wondering.... Well, I'll be seeing you later then." He states as he exits the small office.

"Yes... later then" Aziraphale says softly. I miss Crowley I thought miserably. Without being able to leave without another angel asking how I am and where I am going it's like being trapped in this office is all everybody wants me to do. Sighing again I look back at my work and then choose to open my secret folder. Inside contains all the different places that I can think of that Crowley would run off to.

"I miss my map" Aziraphale speaks and just as the light would come into existence so did his map. Surprised, and excited I quickly zoom in on the shop. Murial was working at watering the carnations and then walks outside to the Bentley and waters that too.

"Damn it Murial" I hear and jump out of my seat.

"Who is there?" I ask but upon thinking about the voice, "Crowley?" I asked hopefully. There is no response.

"Crowley where are you?" I whispered softly while searching the spotless office in confusion. It's hard to sense where he is in this office it's like it's blocking my abilities to do anything while inside.

" I need some fresh air" I decided. I must be going crazy to think that I'd hear Crowley here I thought. Leaving my office, I stand by the windows and watch the clouds remembering old times and past memories. Pacing the windows I sigh again. I wish Crowley was here I could just imagine what he'd say if he was here, I thought wistfully.

"Supreme Archangel Aziraphale" greeted Michael and Uriel.

"Oh hello, what do you need?" I asked. Looking at each other Michael steps forward.

"We were just wondering what you are doing. Out and about that is" Michael asks.

"It was getting a little stuffy in my office and found a good walk helps to clear my mind" I respond.

"Clear your mind..." Michael repeats. Then just as quickly as they came, they left.

Shaking my head of the encounter I go back to my original thoughts. What would we be doing right now if...I never left I asked but I already knew it was a useless question. Without wanting to know my own response I tried again to clear my head.

"Aziraphale, don't you have some work to do?" The Metatron practically growls.

"I-I yes. I was simply. Let me get on that." I said while the Metatron watched me go back into my office and shut the door. My feelings feel so diluted when I am in here maybe it's just the work atmosphere. Besides I'm not feeling myself that much anymore anyways.

Author Note:

JVanRuisdael here hope you guys are liking it! I'm sure having fun.